Metatrader data disappearing

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
jollydragon

Metatrader data disappearing

Post by jollydragon »

The history data has been exported successfully from TickStory to MT4.

However, after the testing when you open the chart, the chart only can display those data available from my broker for a short period.

For old data, the chart can't display then how to analyze the testing?

tickstory

Re: Why can't see the testing chart?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jollydragon - are you connected to your broker? If so, it is possible that your data is being refreshed from your broker's server again. Make sure you are disconnected and try the export again.

Thanks.

jollydragon

Post by jollydragon »

Not that reason as I read the userguide of tickstory and close MT4 everytime when I exported from tickstory.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jollydragon,

The manual outlines how you need to not be logged into your MT4 terminal as the broker will potentially override the historical data you have exported with Tickstory. This is different to ensuring your MT4 terminal is closed during the export process. Please ensure you do not log in to MT4 and see if this resolves your problem.

Thanks.

jollydragon

Post by jollydragon »

Dear Sir/Miss,

You are absolutely correct! Thank you very much!

Best regards,

tickstory

Re: Metatrader data disappearing

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jollydragon,

Glad to hear you resolved the issue!

P.S. Your post title has been changed to more accurately describe the issue as it may assist others.

sydap2003

Re: Metatrader data disappearing AFTER restart

Post by sydap2003 »

Hi,

What a great product! I am finally able to backtest. Thank you.

But one issue. I had a successful period backtesting yesterday, and then closed the programs and computer overnight. When I now restart, launching MT4 from within TSL, I cannot backtest anymore. There appears to be no data. The MT4 platform has never been connected.

So I have closed both MT4 and TSL again, re-opened, downloaded some of the data again (just six months his time instead of the 3 years i already downloaded successfully yesterday), and now backtesting works again but only on the six months of newly downloaded data.

Why is this? Do I need to download each time I restart? Surely not, since the data seems to be in the Tester files. Total folder size is 10gb but each file within is less than 1gb.

So what do I need to do to fix this issue?

Thanks, Andrew

tickstory

Re: Metatrader data disappearing

Post by tickstory »

Hi Sydap2003,

If you can give us the steps to reproduce the issue we can try investigate this further. It shouldn't be the case that the data is simply "missing" and it would be useful if you could confirm whether the data files do in-fact exist if this occurs again. Check also that you haven't inadvertently selected a different MT4 Server, in which case your MT4 Data Folder will change and your data history will therefore appear empty even though your previously exported data remains intact under your original export location.

Regards.