No data for testing

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Iceberg

No data for testing

Post by Iceberg »

Good day,

I am using Tickstory launcher and receiving the following messages in Metatrader journal:

TestGenerator: actual tick file "path" found
Expert: no data for testing

tickstory

Re: No data for testing

Post by tickstory »

Hi Iceberg,

Does this post assist you:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=354

Thanks.

Iceberg

Post by Iceberg »

No, it doesn't help.

I have checked previous data and found strange thing: I have download data for 01.01.2009 - 05.05.2014, but I can do backtest only on 01.01.2009 - 28.03.2013

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Iceberg,

It is likely you have come across a limitation with MT4 which only allows FXT files to be a maximum of 4gb.
In such as case, MT4 back-tester will use only the data within this size boundary and hence why you can't back-test the entire date range.

Please see this post for further info and workarounds:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=176

If the other post has not resolved your "no data for testing" error, please provide us with more details so we can assist such as:

- The version of Tickstory you are using.
- The MT4 Build you are using.
- What symbol you are trying to export and the name of the symbol in your broker MT4 terminal (eg. 'EURUSDm').
- Whether you are launching MT4 via Tickstory in portable mode (i.e. In Tickstory File->Settings->MT4 Settings, your 'Command-line arguments' are set to '/portable').
- A screenshot of the contents of your data folder directory (In MT4, go to File->Open Data folder).
- Your Tickstory MT4 configuration setup (particularly the location of your data folder - it needs to match the location of the MT4 Data Folder above).
- And any other information that may assist.

Thanks.

vontogr

Post by vontogr »

I have the very same issue.
Tick file has only 38 MB - It is one month of EURUSD.

I have the new 1.51 tickstory and MT4 build 670.

I have exported fromat 545+

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Vontogr,

Have you tried trouble-shooting as per the steps above? The "No data for testing" error means that MT4 cannot find the data files for testing. Most people who get this error either:

1) Exported to the incorrect data folder and/or server.
2) Exported the wrong symbol name from Tickstory. For example, they export "EURUSD" when their symbol name is actually "EURUSDm" (Use the 'Maps to' feature to address this and explained in the manual and other posts in the forum).

Hope this helps.

vontogr

Post by vontogr »

Well I do not see the same error message.
It found the file it says it was found but it does not open any trades

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

If your EA is not opening trades then this is not the same issue being discussed. I would suggest that you try running the standard "MACD Sample" and if that is working okay, then there is some issue that needs to be resolved with your EA. Note that some EAs are sensitive to spread, etc so make sure you have cross-checked your export settings to ensure some condition/parameter is not stopping your EA from trading.

Hope this helps.

vontogr

Post by vontogr »

no it was working fine
but since the new tickstory and new MT4 it stopped working

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

If you are able to provide more detailed information we may be able to assist. See above for some useful information you could provide to help us identify the issue.