Modeling quality n/a

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Yarosvet

Modeling quality n/a

Post by Yarosvet »

Hi )
Is it normal that after exporting data through tickstory to mt4 ( all the steps done according to users manual _http://www.tickstory.com/help/tickstorylite/_ )
and testing EA, modeling quality n/a but not 99% ?

Thank you!)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Modeling quality n/a

Post by admin »

Hi Yarosvet,

You should be getting a back-test quality of 99.9% if everything has been followed. Usually the n/a will appear if you have not launched MT4 from Tickstory or your MT4 build is not currently supported, although the launcher should advise you of any such issue. Also make sure that the MT4 is not connected to any broker.

After that, could you please try these steps:

- Select your MT4 folder location in the File->Settings->MT4 setup.
- Export your data to your MT4 directory using any time period and instrument.
- Go to the MT4 tester/history directory and make all your FXT files ''read-only".
- Launch MT4 by pressing 'F8' in Tickstory.
- Select the instrument you exported and "Start" a back-test (of any EA).

Does this give you any errors? If it does, then it seems likely that the patch hasn't been applied correctly. If you don't get any errors but still get the "n/a" quality, I'd appreciate if you could give the full details to see if it can be reproduced.

Thanks.

Yarosvet

Post by Yarosvet »

Hello )

1)I followed your instructions. Finally I got Modeling quality 99.9 % . Everything works but while testing the EA, journal shows an eror:
2012.12.12 18:21:03 2012.05.24 11:54 Avamgard,M5: OrderSend error 134

Also results differ from tick story and birt`s tick data suit.

2) What terminal build do you use? I use 416.

Could you advice me sth on this?

Thank you!)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Yarosvet,

Glad to hear you've got it working.

1) The Order Send 134 error is because you don't "have enough money" which means you should increase your initial deposit for back-testing or get a more profitable EA ;) See here for more: http://www.earnforex.com/blog/2010/11/o ... ugh-money/

As for your results, I would need to know more before being able to say why the different results. If you are using variable spreads, this is more than likely the issue - Tickstory does not currently support this.

2) You should use Build 432 which is supported by the Tickstory launcher (F8). If you are using TDS then I believe that supports all versions.

Regards.

Yarosvet

Post by Yarosvet »

Hi, Admin!)

I increased the initial deposit. The eror 134 remained.
Then I downloaded new MT4, replaced terminal.exe to other exe but with 432 build.
In tickstory pressed F8, patched the terminal, then with help of tickstoryexpertinfo did config file with account settings(loaded it), after that exported history to mt4.

I got worked MT4 tester with 99.9% modeling quality with no erors, BUT results still differ from TDS:
My EA passes critical period in may and July 2012 in TDS. In tickstory the EA blew the deposit, in spite of the fact that I increased the deposit in 10 times.
If you are using variable spreads, this is more than likely the issue - Tickstory does not currently support this.
I don`t know what kind of spread do I use In TDS: I choose use real spread - true. Other paramaters I dont change.

Thank you!)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Yarosvet,

"Real spread" is essentially variable spread and this is undoubtedly why you are seeing some differences in your results. Variable spread additions in Tickstory are pending and will let you know when they are available.

Regards.

Marcel83

Post by Marcel83 »

Dear together,

i need to push up this thematic. I have always n/a.

It is even suspicious, that if i choose the modell "Tick", no trade are reconstructed. If i choose one of the other options, he create trades. What i do wrong?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marcel,

It seems that in another thread you have correctly exported your data. If you are getting N/A modelling quality, make sure you are pressing the "Launch MT4" button in Tickstory prior to commencing your back-test.

Thanks.

hkbohz

Post by hkbohz »

Dear Admin,
I am able to launch MT4 from Tickstory and carry out a Backtest. But I still get an N/A on my modeling quality.
How do I disconnect from a broker? I don't have a such option. Moreover, if I don't connect to a broker first, tickstory won't even allow me to set the MT4 directory.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hkbohz,

Could you please work through the check-list given in our FAQ for resolving this issue:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality

You can log out of your broker simply by entering a blank password on login. Although, as you noted, please ensure you have logged in successfully at least once before doing this.

If you are still having difficulty, please let us know.

Thanks.