Modeling quality n/a

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickstory

Re: Modeling quality n/a

Post by tickstory »

Hi Delbroooks,

Can you please send screenshots of the information we requested above so we can assist further?

Thank you!

delbroooks

Post by delbroooks »

Please see attached the word file will all the errors attached. I shall eagerly await your response.
Attachments
Tickstory_backtesting_error2.docx
(758.62 KiB) Downloaded 683 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Delbroooks,

Thanks for the screenshots. It appears that you have not "mapped" the Tickstory symbol to your Metatrader symbol. That is, notice how your symbol name is called EURGBPpro in your Metatrader terminal. You will need to tell Tickstory this so it exports the data correctly to this symbol name,

To do this:

1) In Tickstory, Select EURGBP and then "Export to MT4..".
2) Select your usual options (date range to export, etc) and then go to the "MT4 Settings" tab.
3) In the "Map to" field, type EURGBPpro.
4) Once you are satisfied with all your other export settings, press OK.
5) Select EURGBPpro in the MT4 Strategy Tester and start the test. You should get 99.9% modelling quality.

Please note there is further information on the "Map to" field and also within this forum if you search for "Map to":

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... t_settings

Hope this helps.

delbroooks

Post by delbroooks »

I tried the steps that you described however, there is no p&L and and no trades have happened despite 99% modeling quality. this was not the case before. Please advise what steps can I take to resolve this issue.
Attachments
Tickstory_backtesting_error3.docx
(438.79 KiB) Downloaded 657 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Delbrooks,

Firstly, please make sure you have extracted your broker using this method:

https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=809

This will ensure that you have the correct Lot size (etc) settings from your broker. This can sometimes result in your EA not trading (you might want to try the MACD Sample EA just to see if that works). After that, please check out our FAQ that may assist trying to trouble-shoot why your EA isn't trading:

https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... nottrading

Regards.

delbroooks

Post by delbroooks »

I've tried many things, still not working. I am newbie in handling this app, can you please REMOTE ACCESS my pc and try to run it your self. As far as my expert adviser is concerned it has no issues as it runs without any glitches in the live demo environment without any bugs, errors or warnings and takes trades in MT4.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Delbroooks,

Can you please tell us whether the "MACD Sample" EA is trading correctly, just to baseline that your data export is correct? Could you please confirm also that you have performed the steps previously mentioned to extract your broker settings?

Just bear in mind that the Strategy Tester is a simulated environment and will differ to the live environment. Your EA may not be trading for various reasons such as the spread being too wide in the tester. We unfortunately cannot debug your EA for these issues, however we will assist to make sure that your export settings are correct. After that, it will be necessary to tweak any of your EA parameters to find out what's preventing it from trading.

Please let us know.

Thanks.

hoanglt10

Post by hoanglt10 »

Hi
I used standard version from 7 days ago. I got a modeling quality 99.9%, but recently I get quality n/a with same setting. I try change some broker's mt4 and do some guide but same issue. I used tickstory version 1.9.5.4 and MT4 version 4 build 1260
Last edited by hoanglt10 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Hoanglt10,

Please make sure you have pressed the Launch button within Tickstory at least once to start Metatrader as indicated on our FAQ. This should resolve your issue.

Thanks.

hoanglt10

Post by hoanglt10 »

Hi
Thank fou your answer. Sometime when i pressed launch MT4 or F8 from tickstory, I got a notification.
You can see this image below
Attachments
error_1.png
error_1.png (4.88 KiB) Viewed 11780 times