Downloaded symbols not shown when backtesting

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
DudaoRJ

Downloaded symbols not shown when backtesting

Post by DudaoRJ »

Hello,

I've gone through all http://www.tickstory.com/help/tickstorylite/ content and searched here but couldn't find an answer to this very simple problem of mine. I downloaded several symbols with Tickstory and they're shown on the File > Open Offline Chart menu, at least they all appear to be there and open successfully back to the date I download them (and I'm offline, not connected to broker) . In addition to that, I can see the HST files on the history folder (\MyMetaTraderFolder\history\Server) as well as FXT files (\MyMetaTraderFolder\tester\history). All seems ok, BUT I cannot choose my desired symbols to backtest as only EURUSD and AUDUSD are there. To make things worse, I didn't even download AUDUSD with Tickstory.

Can anyone please shine a light on my problem?

:(

Thank you
Eddie

PS: I do have TDS as well.

tickstory

Re: Downloaded symbols not shown when backtesting

Post by tickstory »

Hi DudaoRJ,

The symbols that are listed in the back-tester are determined by a MT4 file called "symbols.sel". Usually this file is downloaded from your broker, however since you are disconnected it could be resulting in you having a stale list of symbols.

To resolve this, try placing the attached symbols.sel fil in the MT4 "history/<servername> directory (Exit the MT4 application before doing this and backup the existing symbols.sel first). When you restart, it should have all the major pairs available.

Hope this helps.
Attachments

[The extension sel has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

DudaoRJ

Post by DudaoRJ »

Thank you, I'll give it a try soon, as at this moment I'm in a middle of another backtest that should take 4 or 5 days to complete. I'll let you know, thanks again.

Eddie

DudaoRJ

Post by DudaoRJ »

Thank you very much, it did work. Now I have dozens of symbols! :-)

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear! Thanks for letting us know.