H1 and H4 problem on chart

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
scfx

H1 and H4 problem on chart

Post by scfx »

Hi Everyone,
I find Tickstory very helpful with my backtest data. However there are few concern with my experience so far.
I download data with New York close setting, then I compare live chart with .hst generated by tickstory.

1. On H1 chart, tickstory seems to systematically miss the last 2 bars of the week (Friday of course). Other than that, time of bar are the same between 2 charts.

2. On H4, the bars for 1 day are: 02 ; 06; 10; 14; 18; 22 instead of the standard 0 ; 4 ; 8; 12; 16; 20. This make the shape of bar and therefore shape of chart 100% different. This is quite serious if EA run on H4.

3. The same issue when it comes to D1. it start from 2:00. and therefore the difference is significant between 2 charts.

I think that I miss something and that is why these problems emerge.

I appreciate it if you could help me solve those issues.

SCFX

Tickroll

Re: H1 and H4 problem on chart

Post by Tickroll »

Hi,

I am having problems with XAUUSD in H4 too!

For some reason this problem has just surfaced, Tickstory was doing well until yesterday.

I am using the GMT +7 option, but the Sunday Candle is still appearing, when I have been
assured by Tickstory that even if 'Weekend Data' is chosen it gets combined with Monday's Candle.

See attachment and of course you're right, it does play havoc with the EA!!!

P.S. I just tried it without the 'Weekend Option' and still the Sunday Candle shows up.
Attachments
Sunday Candle.PNG

tickstory

Re: H1 and H4 problem on chart

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

The issue with incorrect bar opening times is being tracked here:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=414

We expect to have a fix shortly.

Thanks.