Application error

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
norbertbti

Application error

Post by norbertbti »

Hi,
Installed tickstory on my VPS, and got this after i wanted to start program:

Product name: Tickstory Lite
Product version: 1.2.0.0
Details:
Configuration system failed to initialize
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Net.Configuration.SettingsSectionInternal.get_Section()
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InitializeSockets()
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostName()
at ..()
at ...ctor()
at ..( )
at Tickstory.Tracking.GoogleTracking.(String , String , String , Int32 )
at Tickstory.Tracking.GoogleTracking.(TrackAction , String , Int32 )

Programs starts after I close this error message, but nothing works.

My VPS has Windows 2003 x64 SP2.

tickstory

Re: Application error

Post by tickstory »

Hi Norbertbti,

Thanks for giving the details of your error. It appears there is something wrong while attempting to access your configuration file. Do you get the same error when you go to File->Settings and simply hiot the "OK" button?
If so, can you please try running the application as Administrator (right click Tickstory.exe and select "Run as Administrator") to see if that fixes the problem?

Thanks.

norbertbti

Post by norbertbti »

When I go to File->settings and hit OK, it works. For example I can setup mt4 installation path and program saves that, and I can start mt4 from tickstory.
But for example when I click to 'download data from ducascopy' nothing happens.
If I run program as administrator, the error is same as described in first post.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Norbertbti - What happens when you click the "Test connection" button in the settings? Is any error reported?

Thanks.

norbertbti

Post by norbertbti »

tickstory wrote:Hi Norbertbti - What happens when you click the "Test connection" button in the settings? Is any error reported?

Thanks.
Yes, I got: "Error: Configuration system failed to initialize."

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Norbertbti,

It appears something is preventing the configuration information from being accessed properly. Can you please check the following:

- Is .NET v3.5 SP1 installed correctly?
- Is the Tickstory configuration file/folder accessible (the config file usually resides in C:\ProgramData\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite\Tickstory Lite.config).

Thanks.

norbertbti

Post by norbertbti »

Hi,
1) .NET v3.5 SP1 is installed, I tried to reinstall, butt error is same
2) TickstoryLite.config file is in: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite
Here is the content of the file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="FileExportSettings" type="Tickstory.FileExportConfigSection, Tickstory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
<section name="Mt4Settings" type="Tickstory.Mt4ConfigSection, Tickstory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
<section name="GeneralSettings" type="Tickstory.GeneralConfigSection, Tickstory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
<section name="DukascopySettings" type="Tickstory.DukascopyConfigSection, Tickstory, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
</configSections>
<DukascopySettings StoreLocation="C:\Tickstory Lite" UseProxy="false"
ProxyServer="" ProxyPort="0" ProxyUsername="" ProxyPassword="iLARw6PD6M5q8f4ZqQ1P2g=="
ProxyDomain="" />
<Mt4Settings Mt4InstallDir="C:\Program Files (x86)\XeMarkets MT4 - Vlado"
ServerName="XeMarkets-Real" />
</configuration>

Also I tried to install tickstory outside program files folder to prevent user right's problem, but error remained.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Norbertbti,

Thanks for the further detail. The contents of the config file appears correct.

Can you please rename or delete any config files you see in any directories including the one you mentioned:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Tickstory\Tickstory Lite

And then try to restart your application?

It could have something to do with a bad config file somewhere so doing a fresh start of Tickstory might pin-point where Tickstory is loading/storing your configuration.

Regards.

norbertbti

Post by norbertbti »

Hi,

Tried, but without succes.
Also I'm uninstalled application, deleted all files related to tickstory, installed again, but the problem is same.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Norbertbti,

Did you see the config file was re-created in the location you mentioned when you started Tickstory again?
Also, is it possible to confirm that the application is working correctly on another (non VPS) system that you have available?

Thanks.