Tester: wrong bars count 0

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
magi

Tester: wrong bars count 0

Post by magi »

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to backtest an ea on the downloaded tickdata: 'Tester: wrong bars count 0'. I downloaded the tickdata and the fxt files seem to be in the right folder.

Could someone help me?

Cheers

tickstory

Re: Tester: wrong bars count 0

Post by tickstory »

Hi Magi,

Doesn't sound like the files you exported are being used correctly. Ensure you have exported the correct symbol name as it appears in your MT4 terminal.

If this doesn't work you will need to give some more details of what you are doing so we can help.

Thanks.

magi

Post by magi »

If I right click a currency pair (lets say EURUSD) and click export to MT4 and then go to the tab 'Metatrader info' the symbol name is set to EURUSD. For example the 30min data is exported as EURUSD30_0.fxt. The symbol name in the MT4 terminal is just EURUSD. Do I need to change the name of the *.fxt file?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Magi,

If your symbol in MT4 reads exactly 'EURUSD' then you should not need to do anything. If it had read "EURUSDm" or something similar, you would need to specify this in the "Maps To" field.

If you are still having problems, the next step is to ensure that you can see the data for your exported date range in MT4 history center by going Tools->History Center and clicking on EURUSD.

If you need additional help, appreciate if you can give full details (including screenshots) of what you are seeing.

Thanks.

magi

Post by magi »

Still get the error, I added a screenshot of what I see in the history center. I downloaded the data on the 27 the of november for the last 5 years. It also only shows me the data from the 27th of november 2008 until the 3rd of june 2013, maybe there went something wrong with downloading the data as it seems not all the data I wanted to download is downloaded?

Tell me if you need additional information.
Attachments
WrongbarsCount.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Magi,

Thanks for the further details. Could you please check your FXT size and ensure it is under 4gb. There is a limitation with MT4 that is can't process FXT files larger than a certain size - see here for more information: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=202.

I would recommend that you simply export 1 month of data and ensure this fixes the issue you are seeing before continuing with a larger export.

Hope this helps.

magi

Post by magi »

The size of my FXt files is 4,194,300 kB, so this might explain the problem?

Shall I give it a new try with just the data of last 3 years?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Magi,

As mentioned, try a small one-month set of data to make sure if it fixes the issue. After that, you'll need to find a date range that is within the limit.

Regards.

magi

Post by magi »

Works fine when the files are within the data limit. Thx for the help!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear - thanks for letting us know you solved it!