A suitable launcher could not be found for your Metatrader version

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
ericaschneider

A suitable launcher could not be found for your Metatrader version

Post by ericaschneider »

I've been using Tickstory for almost a year and suddenly started getting this error message yesterday. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and am using the latest version 9.7.14. I'm using Metatrader build 1380.

tickstory

Re: A suitable launcher could not be found for your Metatrader version

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ericaschneider,

The version you mention should support Build 1380 without any issues. Could you please confirm that you have gone through this trouble-shooting check-list? Also, if have you installed any other MT4-related applications, please uninstall them in case this is causing the issue.

Thanks.

ericaschneider

Post by ericaschneider »

When you say MT4-related applications, are you referring to MT4 terminals or not? I have installed multiple terminals but no other MT4-related applications. It also appears as though it may not be using 1380 launcher.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 9.04.37 AM.png
Last edited by ericaschneider on Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ericaschneider,

There are no issues with running additional MT4 terminals. If you are using any other applications that augment or change MT4 for back-testing then this is what we are referring to and could cause compatibility issues.

If this is not the case, could you please try start up MT4 manually and send us a screenshot of the About box and also your MT4 configuration in Tickstory.

Thanks.

Edit: Corrected above saying there are *no* issues with having additional MT4 terminals running.

ericaschneider

Post by ericaschneider »

Unfortunately it's not realistic for me to uninstall my other MT4 terminals as I actively trade on them everyday. I've used Tickstory for almost a year with other MT4 terminals installed on my VPS with no issues until now. I've attached screenshots of the about box and MT4 configuration.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 1.11.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 1.10.46 PM.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ericaschneider,

Sorry, we've corrected the last response to you - there is no issue with running additional MT4 terminals, so this is not the cause of the problem.

From what I understand, the launcher has been working until recently. Has anything else been installed on your system since then that might be relevant (You can check in Windows "Add/Remove programs")? Any thing else you can think of that may have changed such as user permissions, etc? Have you tried starting MT4 manually and then using the Tickstory "Launch" button, just in case there is an issue with the terminal starting too slowly?

If the above doens't help, is it possible to use our Advanced Tester to see if this assists in working around the problem until we identify the issue? If the AT does not work, then this is almost certainly due to something on your system component not installed and/or causing a conflict. If you have another system you can try the software on, that would help narrow down the issue.

Thanks.

ericaschneider

Post by ericaschneider »

I checked and no other programs have been installed other than MT4 terminals. I downloaded the Advanced Tester and it's working great - thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Erica,

That's good to hear the AT is working. We are going to send you a PM to see if we can resolve the issue with the main launcher.

Thanks.

John_P

Post by John_P »

I have the same issue. Metatrader is now using build 1400 and it has required me to update as it was was causing issues with my VPS.
Do you have a suitable version for mt4 build 1400? My modelling quality is also showing NA since i've updated my metatrader the other day.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi John_P,

The latest Tickstory v1.9.7.14 supports MT4 Build 1400. If you are not currently using this version, then please download it using your download link. As usual, please make sure you launch MT4 via Tickstory before commencing your back-test.

Hope this resolves your issue.