should spread be current or the same downloaded data

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickwaiting

should spread be current or the same downloaded data

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory

so i modify instrument data pre download and followed the guide to modify values based on fxt file. but i face a trap and wonder if it matters or not.

as you know spread is variable based on volatility etc.. now if i for example modify mt4 setting lets say 200 based on specific time and conditions then after download the data then conduct backtesting but checking current spread either 100 or 300 should i put 200 or leave it to current or it doesn't matter as ea will follow what modify in mt4 setting but when i see report it will be based on spread from current value.

looking forward to hear from you, many thanks

tickstory

Re: should spread be current or the same downloaded data

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Please note that the 'Spread' value inside the Tickstory's "MT4 Settings" tab is now overridden by the "Spread" field value that is set within the Strategy Tester (see screenshot). The value set in Tickstory's export will only be used if you set the spread field to be "Current".

We recommend you manually set the spread in the Strategy Tester to the desired value as this will prevent any ambiguity as to what the spread was during your back-test.

Hope this helps.
MT4SpreadSetting.jpg

tickwaiting

Re: should spread be current or the same downloaded data

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory

yes i think manually on tester and on tickstory this is the best way thats what i'm doing thanks for confirmation