error message when close tickstory

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickwaiting

error message when close tickstory

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory

I am facing an issue when close tickstory software since lite version and now with licensed version.. am I closing it right from the window x button on top right corner like any window page or that's wrong?

kindly see attached screenshot of this error message.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-26 155150.png

tickstory

Re: error message when close tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Is there a specific set of steps you are doing to have this problem?
The only time I can imagine this is happening is if TIckstory is in the midst of a download or export and you are trying to force-close the applicaiton.

Thanks.

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory

no download or export ongoing all complete. even if i open it without download and close it this message will appear !

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That's odd. What version of Windows are you using, please? The error is not being shown by Tickstory - it is from your operating system. Is there anything more that you can tell us about how we can reproduce the problem? It is just opening the application and closing it with the "X" that will cause the error? Could you please try re-installing ".NET v4.6.2 Runtimes" just in case the problem relates to a corrupt installation? You might also want to ensure there are no anti-virus applications (etc) that could be interfering with Tickstory's operation.

Thanks.

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory

i run it on vps their windows server version 2012 (latest is windows server 2022) which is different than regular pc windows, maybe thats the issue, i might check it on my pc windows 10 (the latest is windows 11) on 2nd license activation and let you know, but if this issue is not going to affect its performance on vps then its ok for me. i click ok then its working no freezing nor down performance or break down.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting - yes, please check it on a later version of Windows. The old server versions may have some quirks, especially with what service packs that have been applied to them.

Thanks.

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

ok sure

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

Hi Tickstory

i have tested tickstory on another vps windows server 2022 and close it reopen close many times the error don't appear i guess what i thought was right it is the server windows 2012 soon will test on pc windows 10 and let you know if error exist.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Tickwaiting,

Thanks for getting back. Good to hear it's working on the later versions. It appears that MS Server 2012 is out-of-support anyway (as of today, by chance!), so you're better off on a later version anyway.

Regards.

tickwaiting

Post by tickwaiting »

you welcome