MT4 "Waiting for Update" on Chart

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
rawraw

MT4 "Waiting for Update" on Chart

Post by rawraw »

Hello all.

Having a problem loading up the data from Tickstory on MT4. Its giving me a "waiting for update" notice. This is a fresh install of MT4 Build 1367. New Demo account as well. Included screenshot of the path I have Tickstory sent to.

I appreciate the help and happy to be here. :)
Attachments
Screenshot (39).png
Screenshot (38).png

tickstory

Re: MT4 "Waiting for Update" on Chart

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rawraw,

If this chart is from the Strategy Tester "Visual mode", the first thing you might want to check is that the "Use dates" is unselected. I believe this error occurs when there is no data for the selected period. You can also check to make sure you have data for the selected symbol by going to Tools->History Center and then selecting the symbol in question and seeing what data is available. For the tick data, you can go to File->Open Offline and then select the appropriate dataset (eg. XAUUSD, H1, Every Tick) to see if there is data.

Finally, the easiest way would be just to uncheck "Visual mode" in the Strategy Tester (make sure Model=Every Tick) and then verify you're getting 99.9% modelling quality on your "Report" tab when you perform a Test. If you are not, then the data has not been exported from Tickstory correctly.

Hope this helps.

rawraw

Post by rawraw »

I believe I have fixed the data path.

However, I am now getting "n/a" for modelling quality.

I appreciate the help!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rawraw,

Great to hear the issue is resolved. Regarding the "N/A" modelling quality, please make sure you are pressing the 'Launch MT4" button before commencing your test.

Thanks.

rawraw

Post by rawraw »

Tried the Launch MT4.

Still giving me N/A :(

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rawraw,

Something doesn't sound right. Are you getting any errors when you press the "Launch" button? Are you sure you are testing with the same MT4 terminal as you are launching? If you are still having problems, please make sure you are running the latest v1.9.7.4 of Tickstory (use your download link to get the latest version available). This supports up to MT4 Build 1367.

Thanks.

rawraw

Post by rawraw »

No errors at launch.

I have included screenshots of builds and file path. While showing the build for MT4, I have "use date" and "visual mode" clicked off.

Unable to send screenshot of build of Tickstory but it is 1.9.7.4 (Build date: 2022-11-14)

Thank you again for the help. :)
Attachments
Screenshot (41).png
Screenshot (42).png
Screenshot (43).jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rawraw,

Thanks for the details - everything looks correct from what we can see. We've sent you a private message to try and assist you further. Please respond when you have a moment free.

Thanks.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Rawraw,

As discussed offline, it looks your issue is now resolved. Please remember that you should always the name of your broker's symbol in the "Map to" field in the MT4 Export->MT4 Settings dialog. This will ensure that Tickstory maps to the correctly named symbol in MT4. It will also ensure that all your symbol settings (eg. Digits) are correctly downloaded from your broker.

Thanks!