Cannot find/see MT4 installation folder (Windows 11)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Ericv

Cannot find/see MT4 installation folder (Windows 11)

Post by Ericv »

Hi,

Since I've upgraded to 1.9.7.3, I'M not able to locate my MT4 Installation folder. The dialog that opens does not allow me to select le proper folder. See attachement.
mt4 installation folder.png
Thank you!

tickstory

Re: Cannot find/see MT4 installation folder (Windows 11)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ericv,

The Tickstory folder selection shows you all the items available to you on your PC. Are you working under some sort of virtualized or "locked-down"/restricted environment? If so, you will need to administer your PC (log on as Administrator?) to see the full selection of files.

Thanks.

Ericv

Post by Ericv »

Hi,

I'm not on a VM. I'm running Windows 11 on a physical machine and log on has admin.
It is only showing the folders that I have on my Desktop.

It was working fine before the upgrade.

Thanks.
Last edited by Ericv on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ericv,

Thanks for the additional details. We haven't changed any code that relates to the folder picker, so we're assuming this is something machine-specific that needs to be resolved. The Windows selection dialog that Tickstory invokes is a standard part of Windows, not Tickstory, so we have no control over its contents.

We have just performed a search on the issue and one of the official Microsoft sites is suggesting that OneDrive could be the issue. The workaround appears to be to stop syncing your Desktop to OneDrive. Apparently the issue may have been introduced in a Windows Update.

Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Ericv

Post by Ericv »

Hi,
It was One drive the problem. I removed one drive and now it works.

Thank you!

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

That's great news, Ericv - that issue was confusing us as we've never seen something like that before ;)
Thanks for letting us know what solved it.