Control Point Test

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
lucky.sim

Control Point Test

Post by lucky.sim »

Sorry. I red some post but maybe dont understand some step.
Everything work fine with TickByTick, but when I try to make a control point test, program creates a ne Fxt file (_1) with a day of data.
How can use the fxt file fro tickstory?
Can you explain me the steps?
Thanks

UPDATE
I Copy and past the tickstory file (FXT...._0) and rename in FXT..._1 , and know works, but I dont think its the right way

tickstory

Re: Control Point Test

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lucky.sim,

The *_1.fxt files are automatically created by Metatrader from the history data (i.e. *.hst files). That is, it will create the OHLC data/control points from the chart database and construct the *_1.fxt file. Basically you do not need to do anything extra to test with the Control Point method once you have exported your data from Tickstory to MT4.

Hope this helps.

lucky.sim

Post by lucky.sim »

I know this, but even if've exported FXT file, the Hst_1 is created from mt4 not from fxt file, but from Mt4 data of last 1 day

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lucky.sim. It's still not clear what the issue is. Perhaps without mentioning FXT files, you could let us know in general what it is you are trying to achieve? If you want to test with the 'Control Points' method then there is no need to do anything extra except exporting your data with Tickstory and selecting the 'Control points' method in the MT4 tester.

Thanks.

lucky.sim

Post by lucky.sim »

This is what I've done. with TickByTick method everything works fine, but with ControlPoint, Mt4 doesnt use the FXT file bigger (the one created by Tickstory) , but creates a new one (named FXT..._01) with the few data of last one day.
I solved this copy and pasting the FXT file_0 and rename it in _1, the one used for the control point test,
Tickstory.png
Tickstory.png (6.63 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
That's all

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lucky.Sim,

The behavior of creating a *_1.fxt file is expected. MT4 creates a "*_0.fxt" file for the tick-by-tick method, a "*_1.fxt" for the Control Point method and a "*_2.fxt" fxt file for the 'Open price' method. Each method requires a different file because it uses a different set of data. The tick-by-tick method requires a different set of data points than the Control point method. The former has all the ticks in it versus the latter which has only the Open, High, Low and Close points in it.

Basically, there is no need to do anything extra to use the tick-by-tick, Control Points or Open Price methods. Just export your data from Tickstory and select the method you need. That's it.

Hope this helps.