I cannot open tickstory

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
pb282

I cannot open tickstory

Post by pb282 »

Good day,

I found I cannot open tickstory anymore, the app just doesn't respond.

I tried to uninstall and download it again but I have the same issue.
It was working fine earlier today but I started getting the wrong data, i.e. I was requesting market data for 7th Oct and it was downloading market data for 11th. So I closed the app and tried to restart it but found I could not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

regards,

tickstory

Re: I cannot open tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Pb282,

Assuming you are working under pure Windows (and not emulation), please go to the Windows TaskManager and see if Tickstory.exe is running. If it is, please terminate it and try again.

Other causes could be:

- The Tickstory app is showing on another monitor and/or is on an unnoted part of your screen. Try pressing ALT-spacebar and then pressing 'M'. This will allow you to move the application window back into view with your mouse.
- An anti-virus program is disrupting Tickstory from normal operation. Please check the status of your anti-virus to ensure there is no issue.
- Your internet connection is slow/blocked which is causing Tickstory to wait for a lengthy period for a response (although usually you should see the app window in this case).
- Some part of your .NET v4.6 Framework is corrupted. You can resolve this by downloading and installing the .NET 4.6.1 Runtime.

If you are running under an emulator of some sort, we highly recommend you try the software on a pure Windows machine to discount any configuration issues. Even if you can use VMWare to set up a new Windows 10 virtual machine, this might help identify your issue.

Hope this helps.