Modelling Quality N/A and result does not match with the data. (365 days limit error)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
SuromoT

Modelling Quality N/A and result does not match with the data. (365 days limit error)

Post by SuromoT »

Hi,

I have two problems:
1. I dont get 99.9% modelling quality backtesting result, it shows N/A. Regarding the FAQ, I have done all of them with notes:
a. Ensure you have launched your MT4 terminal via the Tickstory 'Launch MT4' option (press F8 when in Tickstory to do this) --> When I did this it says that I exported more than 365 days (I am using Lite version) and ask for upgrade, though in reality I exported less than that which is starting Aug 30, 2021 until Aug 2, 2022. So basically I can not do the step.
b. Ensure you have selected the “Every tick” modelling method in the Metatrader 4 Strategy Tester. --> Yes, I did this.
c. Ensure you have exported your MT4 database to the correct location (make sure you have selected the correct server if there are multiple selections). For example, if you have a “Demo” and “Real” account, make sure you are exporting to the same one you are using for back-testing, otherwise the data will not be visible to MT4. --> Yes, did that
d. If applicable, ensure you have correctly mapped the Tickstory symbol name (eg. EURUSD) to the MT4 equivalent symbol name (eg. EURUSDm, fcmEURUSD, etc). (More help is also available in our forum). --> Yes did that.

I also can not do backtesting with "Use Date" unchecked with the Journal tab says "2022.08.03 15:24:46.662 2021.08.30 01:00:00 Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA. However when I selected "Use Date" with date Aug 31, 2021 until Aug 2, 2022, it works with Modelling Quality n/a.

2. The backtesting does not start and end at the date of my selected exported data.
As I have stated before, I exported <365 days of data starting Aug 30, 2021 until Aug 2, 2022. I also have stated before that I can not backtest with "Use Date" unchecked.
When I use date Aug 30, 2021 until Aug 2, 2022, backtesting does not work with the journal said "Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA", the same as what I am getting with "Use Date" unchecked.
However when I selected "Use Date" with date Aug 31, 2021 until Aug 2, 2022, it works with Modelling Quality n/a, so it needs to start one day after the selected exported data.
Additionally, the backtest ended at July 22, 2022, almost two weeks before the exported data end date, while until July 22, 2022, the EA opened and closed trades sometimes more than once a day.

I hope my explanation is clear and looking forward to get a good backtesting with Tickstory.

Cheers!
Attachments
Tickstory Settings.docx
Setting Used in Tickstory for Exporting Data
(954.21 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
BT Results.docx
Backtest Results with and without Use Date
(616.9 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

tickstory

Re: Modelling Quality N/A and result does not match with the data. (365 days limit error)

Post by tickstory »

Hi SuromoT,

Thanks for contacting us. The most important step in your initial testing is to get 99.9% modelling quality.
To do this you will need to ensure a successful launch of MT4. If you get any error, then this means the launch was not performed successfully.

To resolve the "365 days" error, please do the following:

1) Go to File->Open Data Folder in Metatrader 4 and then browse to the tester/history folder.
2) You can delete all the *.fxt files in this folder (feel free to back them up if you feel more comfortable, however they can be regenerated by Tickstory and/or MT4).
3) In Tickstory, export the symbol you wish to test with. For this initial test, please export only say 6 months of data. You can increase this amount later when you have confirmed everything is working.
4) Press the 'Launch' button in Tickstory. It should launch MT4 with no errors.
5) Press the 'Test' button in MT4 (with all the settings you already mentioned such as Tick modelling etc). You should get 99.9% modelling quality.

Regarding your point #2, if you are getting any errors such as "Critical error" in your EA, this is something that needs to be fixed in your EA. You can refer to these posts for some hints about how you might go about doing this:

Critical error (Array out of range)
Critical error (Array out of range) #2
Critical error (Zero divide)

Hope this helps.