2 hour Shift between data from tickstory and dukascopie

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Metrodus79

2 hour Shift between data from tickstory and dukascopie

Post by Metrodus79 »

Hello guys,

there is a shift of 2 hours if i import datas with tickstory (EUR.USD) and the original data from dukascopy. I always use UTC-Timestamp. I have also old imported datas from tickstory and they were ok for the last 4 years. But if i do the download now the data have this shift compared to the old download. I also made a countercheck with datas from my IB-Broker, so i can say your data UTC time stamp at least for EUR.USD is not correct. It seems like the problem was always present for old datas less 2018. I figured this out because there is a shift in the daytime/volume chart and my algo didnt work very well there :lol:. In my opinion its only a problem with the correct timestamp. I hope i could help you and you can figure out the problem and fix it. :D

Have a good day :)

Robert
Attachments
EURUSD.csv
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 120 times

tickstory

Re: 2 hour Shift between data from tickstory and dukascopie

Post by tickstory »

Hi Robert,

If you have set your Timezone to "None" in the Export window, then Tickstory uses the raw, unchanged timestamp from Dukascopy. Please make sure that there are no time-shifts going on when you import into your system and/or when you are comparing an export from Dukascopy (they have a 'local' time setting which will export to your local timezone).

If you use Tickstory's View->Data Inspector you can see the timestamp as it exists as raw data. For EURUSD, this will be UTC/GMT.

Hope this helps.

Metrodus79

Post by Metrodus79 »

Hello tickstory,

thx a lot for the answer. I figured out that the problem is in the front of the monitor :). So i downloaded the old data in MEZ-time period and not like i thought in UTC. So maybe you can delete my entry because it helps that no one did work in a problem what not exist.

Have a good day and thx again for your work.

Robert

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Robert,

Great to hear you solved the problem ;) We're happy to leave your post here as sometimes it can help other users when they're trouble-shooting a similar issue.

Thanks & have a good day also!