i cant backtest with tickstory ticks

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
majidlovio

i cant backtest with tickstory ticks

Post by majidlovio »

hello
i cant creat backtest with tickstory lite ticks...
because after exporting data to mt4, and starting strategy tester mt4 start download 1-minute tick data of broker data feed.
what do I do to resolve problem?

tickstory

Re: i cant backtest with tickstory ticks

Post by tickstory »

Hi Majidlovio,

If you are getting 99.9% modelling quality on your back-test report then you have successfully tested with tick data. If you are not, please consult our FAQ on this topic for further assistance.

Thanks.

majidlovio

Post by majidlovio »

my mean is mt4 not use tick downloaded from tickstory software.
when I click start to test with strategy tester in the Jornal tab shows the message mt4 use net for download again tick 1m TF.
in the setting for export ticks of tickstory to mt4 I put stop level 20 but the robot close trades 20 points lower, because my robot TP is 50 points. (i attached a screenshot)
and modelling quality is 85%
tick data exported successful to mt4 for 12 months but my backtest is only 30 days!
Attachments
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
Last edited by majidlovio on Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Majidlovio,

The fact you are getting a modelling quality other than 99.9% means you are not using Tickstory's tick data. Kindly and carefully follow the FAQ trouble-shooting steps as outlined in our last reply. This will resolve your problem. In particular, if your symbol name is different in Tickostyr to MT4 (eg. Tickstory's symbol name is XAUUSD and it is called GOLD in MT4), make sure you have "mapped" your symbol (if you are unsure of how to do this, please consult the user manual).

If you continue to have issues, please send us the following screenshots:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab)
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name)
3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).
4) The result you are getting in the Strategy Tester.
5) The Strategy Tester "Journal" tab after you have completed a back-test.

Thanks.

glaxo12

Post by glaxo12 »

Hi,

regarding your example of mapping XAUUSD to GOLD, on the "Metatrader Info" tab would this mean the "Base curr" would be "XAU"? Is that correct?

regards
g

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Glaxo12,

All your need to do with the most recent version of Tickstory is go to the 'Export To MT4'->'MT4 Settings' tab and then select the "GOLD" symbol from the 'Map to' drop-down list. This will automatically acquire all the correct settings from your broker.

Hope this helps.