Issue with more than 1 currency pair

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
adibi83

Issue with more than 1 currency pair

Post by adibi83 »

Hi

I'm trying to back test my ALGO on several currencies: EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY.

I'm downloading the tickdata and exporting it and I can see that the charts are with the specific data frame that I downloaded, but when I run the test (on about 3 years) I don't get a 99% modelling quality, but the: "n/a".

When I try it on one currency pair it work fine but it's frustrating to export the data for each pair every time and it is time consuming.

Can you help me plz?

thanks

tickstory

Re: Issue with more than 1 currency pair

Post by tickstory »

Hi adibi83,

The "n/a" result means you are not correctly using the data you exported with Tickstory. Ensure you are launching your MT4 platform via Tickstory by pressing F8 and also double-check that your FXT files appear in the correct directory and the file date & time matches your export time.

Hope this helps.

adibi83

Post by adibi83 »

Hi,

My FXT files are in the right folder and the time & date are correct & I'm launching MT4 via tickstory... again it only happens when I export more than 1 pair...

Anyone tried to export more than 1 pair and work with it?

Adi

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adibi83,

Yes, we have tried exporting multiple symbols without any issue. Unless you have specific steps you are taking to produce this issue it is difficult to know why you are having this problem. As previously mentioned, the "n/a" is typically indicative of the MT4 terminal not being launched correctly.

Hope this helps.