Protocol Error 404

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
smoshposh

Protocol Error 404

Post by smoshposh »

Hi,

I'm new to Ticktory but I just bought a key and now when I go to download a stock's historical data like AAPL, it only shows up with the text

Time Message
20-01-2022 18:57 Server busy or unavailable: ProtocolError - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. [0] (http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5)

I'm not exactly sure how to fix this and whenever I go to the link, I get a 404 Not Found message. I have also tested my connection and it came back successful.

Any help would be great,
Thanks in advance

tickstory

Re: Protocol Error 404

Post by tickstory »

Hi Smoshposh,

The 404 error is usually due to an attempt to request data beyond the available date range. In your case, the error shows that you are trying to download XMRUSD data from 2017 when the available data for XMUSD starts in November 2019.

Please check out this page for the data availability for each symbol and make sure you request only within those dates to avoid this error.

Thanks.

smoshposh

Re: Protocol Error 404

Post by smoshposh »

OHHH thank you so much, I didn't think that that would give that issue