Slow after reinstalling

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
gqin

Slow after reinstalling

Post by gqin »

Hi
I uninstalled and re-installed Tickstory Standard without any problem on a fresh copy of Windows.

I'm getting very slow download times after reinstalling, any ideas why? I'm having this issue only with Tickstory, download speeds elsewhere are fine.

tickstory

Re: Slow after reinstalling

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gqin,

If you are working from a fresh install, any cached data that you had will need to be downloaded again. Once the data has been downloaded and cached, the export speed will be much faster. Aside from that, the re-install should not have caused any different behavior.

Do also note that to ensure the most optimal download and export speeds that you have an active subscription. Subscribers have the benefit of on-going optimized performance. Given that your subscription is currently active, this should not be the problem, however. If need to renew your subscription when it expires, please click on the "Renew" link in the Help->About box.

Hope this helps.

gqin

Post by gqin »

Hi Tickstory, and thank you for answering so fast.

The issue is not exporting speed, but downloading speed, it's taking forever.

I have 200mbps internet speed but every year of download per pair is taking about 1 hour.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gqin,

It could be possible that you have come across a period where this currently a high load on the server. Have you tried to limit your download to a single symbol at a time? What happens when you press the 'Test' button in Tickstory's File->Settings->Dukascopy Store - does it come back immediately?
Also, are you working through a VPN or any sort of proxy or in a geo-location that may cause this?

Thanks.