Real and historical graphs are different.. spread?

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickstory

Re: Real and historical graphs are different.. spread?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Fdanilo,

We have done some further investigation on this - it appears Pepperstone is actually GMT +3 and when we select a GMT +3 timezone for the export (eg. Nairobi), we match the data you are showing.
Could you please confirm whether this works for you? Obviously it's not intuitive to be selecting a time-zone like 'Nairobi', so we will look into adding some more identifiable time-zones. First step is to confirm this addresses your issue.

Thanks.

gooly

Post by gooly »

Hi,
I am having similar problems with your Tickdata: Spread and Time-shift!

1)
I am assuming that if I get the Tickdata I'll get the spread of the actual ticks?
But in mt4's strategy-tester I can define a spread of current (which is the spread of my broker?), 2,5,10,... which will be a spread of 2,5,10,.. Points? On your data-option-tab by default a 2 pip spread is set - this doesn't count at all?

2) If I run a backtest and start the backtest Sunday 31.03.2013 the first bar from where new bars are painted in mt4's startegy-tester has the time-stamp: 2013.03.31 21:00.

Dukaskopy has GMT my actual broker (Hot-Forex) has a 3 hour difference. Which program is adding the time shift when??
I'd like to use pure GMT on my backt-tests and on my optimizations as I get this from the tickdata provider!
Adding a shift and summer or winter time should take place when the history data files are created in my opinion!!

Regards,
Gooly

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gooly,

Re: your comments:

1) The spread is embedded by Tickstory during the export. It is whatever you specify in the "Metatrader Info" tab. The setting in MT4 is ignored.

2) Dukascopy data is in GMT and Tickstory performs the date shift from GMT into the time-zone you select in the 'Export' screen.

Hope this helps