Slow visual back-testing speed

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
LorraineP

Slow visual back-testing speed

Post by LorraineP »

So I've had this running for about 2 hours now. And it's moved from January 1st to 8th of the same year.
Is there a setting I missed?
I don't want it to test in live time and take a year to backtest a year of data :)
I opened MT4 via tickstory. The data had already been imported to MT4 weeks ago.

tickstory

Re: Slow visual back-testing speed

Post by tickstory »

Hi Lorraine,

Do you see the slider bar in the Strategy Tester that is just to the right of the "Visual mode" checkbox? This sets the speed of the visual back-test. Slide it to the right to make it faster, left to make it slower. If you just want it to back-test the fastest and get the final report, just un-check the "Visual mode" check-box.

We would highly recommend that you go through the Metatrader Strategy Tester Overview to get a better idea of how their tester works. While we can answer some basic questions about the Metatrader software, your best bet to get comprehensive answers is through their website.

Thanks.

LorraineP

Re: Slow visual back-testing speed

Post by LorraineP »

Thank you so much. It worked!