Data skipped everytime!

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
cxking

Data skipped everytime!

Post by cxking »

Hi,

i've been a tickstory user for number of years.

i've just recently updated my mt4 to 1320 & purchase a new subscription.

i've deleted all my data and re-download and export all back to the same folder.

But I cannot run the backtest anywhere before mar/apr2020 no matter which point i starts.

eg: 2015 to 2020: no test data tested until mar/apr 2020
eg: 2018 to 2020:no test data tested until mar/apr 2020
eg: 2020jan to 2020dec:no test data tested until mar/apr 2020

can advise how to solve the issues?

i've tried to reinstall the mt4 but still the same.
Attachments
1-purchase.jpg
1-purchase.jpg (21.01 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
Setup.rar
(237.28 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

tickstory

Re: Data skipped everytime!

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cxking,

Thanks for the screenshots. When you say that there is "no test data", are you referring to the fact that your EA is not trading during this period?
If so, could you firstly check that the data actually appears in your Metatrader history center (Tools->History Center). You can also check that the tick data appears in File->Open Offline and then selecting XAUUSD (Ticks).

The best way (if your a developer) is to make sure your EA is getting the correct data feed by printing the data to the Journal. This will eliminate the possibility of your EA simply not trading due to a particular trading condition preventing it.

Hope this helps.

cxking

Post by cxking »

Yes there is some data in the offline which start from march. how can i delete the unrelavent offline data? (see atached)

those EA runs properly before with no issues, but not working all of sudden.

maybe it is because i tried to run it before i purchase the new subscription?
Attachments
1.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Cxking,

You can delete unneeded tick data by deleting the corresponding FXT that is located in your MT4 Data Folder (see our manual for further information if you are not familiar with the data structure layout).

Tickstory will not prevent you from trading - if your data has been exported correctly, it is only the MT4 Strategy Tester that will determine what trades are made or not. As such, to discount your EA/EA parameters that are causing the problem, please try another EA and/or use an EA that simply prints out the tick values. Once you have established that the Strategy Tester is replaying the data correctly, you will need to determine why your EA is no longer trading (this item in our FAQ might help).

Thanks.