mt4config file not loading all data in export function

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
k00tje

mt4config file not loading all data in export function

Post by k00tje »

Hi Admin,

I'm new to TickStory and it looks very promising.
So far i'm not able to do a succesfull backtest with the generated data and i think it has to do with incorrect settings on the tab "Metatrader Info".

I generated the info file with the TickStoryInfoExpert.
When i open this file with a texteditor i see all broker information is complete.
For example , i see a line like this : Symbol_EURUSD_Point=0.000010

But when loading the point value remains 0.
This applies to almost all values.

Therefore before export i manually typed in all those values that are in the output file of TickStoryInfoExpert, but still no succesfull backtest.

To be more specific: i got "zero divide" erros when the EA tries to open an order. I have this with all my EA's (which are working EA's)

Could you please advice ?

tickstory

Re: mt4config file not loading all data in export function

Post by tickstory »

Hi k00tje,

Can you please provide the config file you are using? Also, what language are you using?

Thanks.

k00tje

Post by k00tje »

Hi Admin,

I have attached the config file.
It seems that values are not loaded from the section that starts at "Symbol_EURUSD_MapTo=".
So everything in the section "Account" is correctly loaded and the values in the section "Symbol Properties" is not.

What do you mean with language ? The language of my TickstoryVersion ? (english)
I don't see any option to configure a language.

The zero divide error is fixed.
When using the "Metatrader Data Editor" i noticed that the "Point" value was zero.
I use this one in my spread calculation.
When commenting out this part my EA started opening orders, and gave a modelling quality of 99,9%.

It's odd since i entered the Point value manually in the export settings.
To be sure i did the export again with all "Symbol Properties" entered manually.
But again, when opening the FXT files with the editor i noticed a blank "Point" value.

rgds
Attachments
TICKSTORY.mt4config
(44.6 KiB) Downloaded 855 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi K00tje,

We tried to load in your config file and there was no issue. Please make sure you are using the latest version 0.9.2 as there was one issue fixed relating to users who had 'Turkish' as their Windows regional language (could have affected other languages as well).

Hope this helps.

k00tje

Post by k00tje »

Hi Admin,

I use the 0.9.2.0 version.
I checked regional and language settings. I changed all to english (US).
Still no succes.
My OS is Windows 7, so i gave it a try on a Windows XP test machine(a VM).
That worked flawless so did another try on a Windows Server 2003 machine (my VPS) and there it didn't work.

On all 3 machines i use the same regional and language settings.
On my Windows 7 machine i tried running tickstory with administrative permissions (right-click menu) and also in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, but unfortunately no success.
It seems to be OS dependant.

I'm out of ideas right now.
Hope you got some suggestions.

rgds

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi K00tje,

When you say that you "changed" everything to U.S. English, what was it before? This might help us to reproduce the issue.

Thanks.

k00tje

Post by k00tje »

I only changed these settings on the Windows 7 machine.
The XP and 2003 machines already had everything in english (US).
The Windows 7 machine had only dutch keyboard settings and the location was "Netherlands", the formats tab had English (US) already.

rgds

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi K00tje,

Since we are currently unable to reproduce the issue, are you able to assist us troubleshoot? What happens when you remove the "Maps to" line in the config file? Can you find which line might be causing the issue by progressively removing lines?

Thanks.

k00tje

Post by k00tje »

Unfortunately the MapTo line was not the issue.

Further i tried an uninstall and searched with regscanner for remaining TickStory entries in the registry and removed them.
In HKLM this was not a problem, but in HKCU there where some remaining entries i was not permitted to delete :cry:
After re-install i still had the same issue.

I tried on another test Windows 7 machine and there it loads the full configuration succesfull :?
The language settings on that machine where dutch, so it seems that language is not the cause.
Both Windows 7 machines had a default installation.

Maybe you can tell me what input validation rules apply on loading this config file ?
It seems to drop this part of the config because input rules are not met. (but i don't know what checks are done)

When i remove the line : Symbol_EURUSD_Spread=19.00 it only loads the spread with a value of 20. Is that a default value when no value is found ?
The same applies for every line i remove. it seems that a default value is loaded.

So when i remove the whole block, all values are loaded with "default" settings.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi K00tje,

There is no "validation" logic per se except to say that all the tokens in the file must be recognised. And yes, if it doesn't find a valid setting it will use a default.

You were saying before that the config file fails to load anything after the "Maps to" token (that is, all the settings appear as zero?). If this line is removed, do the subsequent settings get read in correctly? You need to remove each line in turn so we can identify the line that is causing the problem.

Thanks.