0.9.2.0 can't run mt4 build 509 (Facebook is blocked)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
madk

0.9.2.0 can't run mt4 build 509 (Facebook is blocked)

Post by madk »

Dear admin,I can't run MT4 (build 509)

In Jolrael's thread,you say

The launcher has been tested on Build 509. From the error message you have posted, it looks like you have not been recognised as a 'friend' which is why the launcher is not working. If you have already pressed the 'Like' button, please restart the application and try again.

But I have to say
Facebook,Youtube,Twitter websites is prohibited in China,Almost all the country can not access these websites except Hong Kong,Taiwan
I can click the 'Like' button,But it's not working at all.
Please do NOT set this limit.I can't not launch MT4.

Please read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook

Facebook has met with controversies. It has been blocked intermittently in several countries including the People's Republic of China,[229] Iran,[230] Uzbekistan,[231] Pakistan,[232] Syria (unblocked in Syria[233]),[234] and Bangladesh[citation needed] on different bases. For example, it was banned in many countries of the world on the basis of allowed content judged as anti-Islamic and containing religious discrimination. It has also been banned at many workplaces to prevent employees from using it during work hours.[235] The privacy of Facebook users has also been an issue, and the safety of user accounts has been compromised several times. Facebook has settled a lawsuit regarding claims over source code and intellectual property.[236] In May 2011 emails were sent to journalists and bloggers making critical allegations about Google's privacy policies; however it was later discovered that the anti-Google campaign, conducted by PR giant Burson-Marsteller, was paid for by Facebook in what CNN referred to as "a new level skullduggery" and which Daily Beast called a "clumsy smear".[237]

tickstory

Re: 0.9.2.0 can't run mt4 build 509 (Facebook is blocked)

Post by tickstory »

Hi Madk,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is a bit unfortunate that Facebook is blocked. Could you please advise what message you are getting in the top-right area of your screen? A screenshot will be helpful to see what we can do about this. I would have expected that if this was blocked, you would not get this button at all.

In the mean-time, please note that the functionality that requires a 'Like' is not critical - you can still use MT4 Build 432 until we have a solution for you.

Kind regards.

madk

Post by madk »

1 startup.png
2 click.png
3 Not working.png
Restart and click the star is not working at all.
The translation is bad,I have deleted Zh-hans folder.

madk

Post by madk »

4 facebook in China.png
Facebook,Youtube,Twitter websites is prohibited in China

They have large amounts of politically sensitive events
one is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_ ... ts_of_1989
Tiananmen Square protests of 1989

So,the government have to blocked Facebook,Youtube,Twitter
I can click the star,but it's not working at all beacuse the Facebook is blocked by the government.

HarriFX

Post by HarriFX »

@TickStory: Maybe you should consider not using Facebook as a enabler for your functionality? It is also possible for Facebook to be blocked at an individual or company level.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thanks for the info, Madk. We will look to resolving this for you and for others that have Facebook blocked.

Kind regards.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Madk,

Just to let you know we will enable support for those users unable to access Facebook in the upcoming version.

Regards.