Issues with Data after re-installing MT4

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Oovka

Issues with Data after re-installing MT4

Post by Oovka »

Hello,

Could you please assist me with this frustrating issue, i have spent all day trying to figure out what had happened, but to no success. I have been using tickstory for over a year and it has been working perfectly. Today i needed to reinstall mt4 platform, after the new installation i have set everything up as it was before, experts, indicators etc. Went to Tickstory to download the new set of data. Selected the mt4 directory in settings and followed the same procedure i did 100s of times before.

However, now once downloaded when i go to test the data, it jumps all over. For example:

- I have downloaded 5 years 2015- 2020 (the time period i usually test on), i start the test, it lags then jumps to year 2019 and goes from there forward. If i then stop it and select lets say 2015 - 2016 it gives me "no data available error"

I have redownloaded data several times for different time periods and it either skips big chunks of data or gives no data error. Also after i run the test and go to check the data files in the tester i get the new file appear there that shows 0kbs or other low amount. Image attached.

Could you please help me figure out what went wrong after the re-installation of MT4 platform.

Kind regards,
Attachments
corrupted data.png

Oovka

Re: Issues with Data after re-installing MT4

Post by Oovka »

It has been several days, could somebody please assist me with the issue. I have a paid subscription that i believe allows for a quick support assistance. I can provide support ID number if needed.

Thank you.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Oovka,

Apologies for the delay in reply. Could you please tell us whether your MT4 is currently connected to your broker? It might be that your broker is back-filling the data. If you are connected, you please disconnect by going to File->Log in to account and enter an incorrect password. Then, please try exporting again.

Thank you.

Oovka

Post by Oovka »

Thank you for the reply. I have tried to do what you have suggested and here are the results:

I have downloaded 2 years worth of data and run the test. The test was completed fully with no obvious jumps through the data. However, the test quality came back as "NA".

After that i have cleared the journal by going into the journal, right click and select "clear all journals". After, i tried to select a smaller time period as i thought maybe the first day or the last day of the 2 year downloaded data is what giving the "NA" quality. When i selected 6 months period within the 2 years downloaded data the test gave "no data downloaded" error.

Ok maybe the "clear all journal" is creating the error. I have redownloaded 1 year worth of data this time and instantly run the 3 months test within the 1 year data. The test quality was still "na" but this time it seemed like it was below 50%. Image attached.

I have then cleared the journal to see if i will get the "no data" error, but the test run again just as before, producing the same quality as shown in the image attached.
Attachments
data quality.png
data quality.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 13602 times

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Oovka,

For modelling quality, please see our FAQ. The N/A is most likely because you haven't pressed the 'Launch' button in Tickstory to start MT4.

Once you do this and you get 99% modelling quality in the report, it will confirm that you are using the exported tick data correctly.

Thanks.

Oovka

Post by Oovka »

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, I have been using TickStory for some time and followed the same procedure constantly (including to always launch Mt4 through tickstory) that was giving me 99% quality. All these issues started after i have reinstalled Mt4.

I will follow the procedures outlined in the FAQ again, but i have already done all them prior to contacting you as to not waste your time on something i could have done myself.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Oovka,

Sorry to mention the FAQ, however it does list all the reasons we know for getting n/a modelling quality. Based on the provided information, the launcher is usually a common reason for what you are seeing.

If this has only started happening after re-installing MT4, have you checked that the MT4 "Server" you are selecting is correct (assuming there is more than 1 selection)?

If you are still having issues, could you please send us screenshots of the following:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab)
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name)
3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).
4) The 'Report' tab in Strategy Tester after your test is completed.
5) The Strategy Tester "Journal" tab after you have completed a back-test.

I'm sure we'll get this resolved for you!

Thanks.

Oovka

Post by Oovka »

Hello,

I have tried to follow every step again as if i have launched the tickstory for the first time, but i still get the n/a quality.

The only thing i have not tried is running the TickstoryInfoExpert, but it seems that it needs an opened market to work, so i will need to wait for Monday for that.

Now to provide the requested information:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab) Image attached.
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name) Image attached.
Attachments
Symbol Name.png
Export MT4 Tab 2.png
Export MT4 Tab 1.png

Oovka

Post by Oovka »

3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot). Image Attached.
4) The 'Report' tab in Strategy Tester after your test is completed. Image Attached.
5) The Strategy Tester "Journal" tab after you have completed a back-test.

All the screenshots i have supplied represent the actual data that i downloaded and the settings selected. The current downloaded data is for 01.01.2015 to 01.01.2016.

The test was run on the 3 months test 2015.01.01 to 2015.04.01.

The downloaded data EURJPY, mapped to EURJPY the same as on the tester symbol.

Please let me know if you need any other information i will be happy to provide anything you need.

Kind regards,
Attachments
Journal SS.png
Report Tab.png
Report Tab.png (5.79 KiB) Viewed 13564 times
Tester Folder after 2 tests.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Oovka,

Thanks for the details. Could you please respond to the private message we have send you (see the top right option "Private messages".

Thanks.