Issues with Data after re-installing MT4

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickstory

Re: Issues with Data after re-installing MT4

Post by tickstory »

Hi Oovka,

As per our offline conversation, it appears you were using the Control Points modelling method. As you're aware, this method can be used, however you will not be getting 99% modelling quality since it does not use tick data. The Control Points modelling method takes the OHLC of each bar and puts it through your strategy test. While it is much faster, you will not get the same accuracy as using tick data and you will not get 99% on your final report.

Thanks.

feedtalenine

Post by feedtalenine »

Thank you for the reply, I have been using TickStory for some time and followed the same procedure constantly (including to always launch Mt4 through tickstory) that was giving me 99% quality. All these issues started after i have reinstalled Mt4.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

The reinstallation of MT4 should not affect your modelling quality unless one of the items in our FAQ applies. For example, make sure you are exporting to the correct location and server and that your symbol name is correct.

Thanks.