Invalid license key (Code 306)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
jjmayer77

Invalid license key (Code 306)

Post by jjmayer77 »

After using Tickstory successfully for the last 3-4 momths, i tried to go into Tickstory last night to download more data, but it says it cannot connect to the server and continually pops up the activation window. When I copy and paste my license key and click "activate" it gives me the following error.

"Invalid license key. Please ensure you have typed it correctly (Code 306)"

When I click to cancel out of the activation window, the entire Tickstory program closes.

Please advise as I am unable to progress. Thank you.

tickstory

Re: Invalid license key (Code 306)

Post by tickstory »

Hi JJmayer,

Please make sure that your license key has no spaces in it when you are copying and pasting it. It should start with "TS". If you are still having problems, could you please send a private message to us with the key you are entering along with a screenshot?

Thanks.

jjmayer77

Post by jjmayer77 »

sure, how do I send a private message?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Just click on the "tickstory" profile name and you should see the option "Send private message".
Thanks.

jjmayer77

Post by jjmayer77 »

Thank you, sent in my license key

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Thank you. We've responded. Please check your private messages (top-right menu item called "Private messages").

Mihai

Post by Mihai »

I purchased my license last week, and installed Tickstory over the lite version, to preserve the existing data.
While it worked great for a few days, today it is asking me to activate again.
Is there any admin that can help me get around this ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mihai,

This should not happen on a recurring basis unless something has changed such as if you have logged in to a new account or a system change has occurred. In such as case, the issue should be resolved simply by re-entering your license key.

Thanks.

Mihai

Post by Mihai »

Apparently, it was an easier fix. The install was not in the exact same folder, so when I searched the app in the start menu, the lite version came in first. After some digging, I got into the activated one and it works just like it should.
Now, just for my own info, would reentering the activation code not use my second activation ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mihai,

Glad to know it's resolved! No, the reactivation will not use another license since it is being used on the same machine.

Thanks.