OrderSend Error 130 from US30 historical data only

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
adster76

OrderSend Error 130 from US30 historical data only

Post by adster76 »

hello! I'm pulling my hair out of trying to fix my backtest data. I keep getting error 130 and/or 131 with I backtest with historical data generated from Tickstory. When I run a simple backtest with the broker's historical data, there are no errors so it should not be the EA's problem.

Based on what I read, it could be the minimal and incremental lot sizes. Especially since this is an Index CFD. So I have followed all the different ways that was suggested but to no avail. I tried the following without success:
1. Loading FXT and mapping to symbol
2. Load config file from Tickstory EA and mapping to symbol
3. Load FXT (same settings from config or FXT) without mapping to symbol
4. Manual input of setting with info from symbol specs.

Please help before I go mad! I've attached the different screens to show what I mean, including some journal and symbol settings. Thanks for your help!

PS: I'm running Portable mode.
Attachments
Manual_Inputs_of Specs.png
FXT_n_MaptoSymbol_Setting.png
Symbol Specifications
Symbol Specifications

tickstory

Re: OrderSend Error 130 from US30 historical data only

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adster76,

Could you please confirm if you have selected your "US30" symbol from the "Map to" drop-down menu? This is the newest way to automatically get all your symbol's information without any further need to load FXT files. Selecting your symbol in this way will get all your lot size parameters directly from your broker.

Just a reminder that Order 130 means that your stop price is invalid for some reason. If you have correctly set your MT4 symbol parameters as described above, this is unlikely to be your issue since your parameters exactly match your broker's.

Stop prices can be rejected due to them not being "normalized" (see MODE_LOTSTEP) and/or being too close to the entry price (i.e. needs to be greater than MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)). The reason why it might be working with "standard" data and not tick data is that the price is moving too fast and/or the prices are already "normalized" in your other dataset. You might to want to try a RefreshRates() also prior to placing your order.

There is also a good amount of information on the MQL forums that should also help identify the cause of the error (lots of hair pulling happening there with error 130 also ;)).

Hope this helps.

adster76

Post by adster76 »

Hello, yes I have selected "US30" from the drop-down menu but to be exact, the name was ".US30.sh" and I had to remove the sh for correct naming. There was no other US30 options in the menu.

I have given the feedback to my developer so I hope he can help.

But the reason that I think it is to do with the data is because the other EAs all have the same issue. 130 or 131.
Last edited by adster76 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Adster,

As mentioned, it is possible that the different dataset is causing the different result. The root cause however, is that MT4 is reporting that your EA's stop price is incorrect in some way which means (assuming that all your symbol settings are now correct) that the problem needs to be corrected in the code.

Thanks.