Issue no report Tickstory

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Jonathan

Issue no report Tickstory

Post by Jonathan »

Hello,
I just buy Tickstory, I follow all the step of the manual :
My broker is FXPRO Demo my MT4 version is Build 4.00 Build 1264
I'd do it for EURGBP H1.
I execute my Backtest But my result is 0 data ..
You can see in the screenshot all I did step by step.
Maybe I do something wrong.
Thanks for your help.

Jonathan.
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

tickstory

Re: Issue no report Tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the screenshots. Could you please clarify what you mean by "0 data"? Are you seeing 99.9% modelling quality on your back-test report? If not, could you please check this item in our FAQ to firstly ensure you are getting this. This will confirm you have configured your export correctly and also launched MT4 via Tickstory's "Launch" feature.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks for your reply,
Yes I see 99.9% modeling quality but its' only 1 seconde for finish the launch instead of 1 minute so I have only 500 tick tested instead 50000 ...
I know now that its is my EA who is not compatibility with the source tickstory ...
If I give it to you the EA can you Check ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately we cannot assist with EA debugging, as there many reasons why an EA might not trade.

A couple of things you should check:

- Is the "Journal" tab for your EA reporting any error messages?
- When you exported to MT4, did you go to the Mt4 Settings->Map To field and select your symbol from the drop-down list? By doing this, you will make sure you have the correct symbol settings (such as Lot step, etc) which could be a reason for your EA not trading.
- Double-check that all your EA settings are correct and not preventing you from opening a trade.
- If you are coding your own EA, add some extra logging information so you know where it is stopping.

If you check the items above, we are confident your EA will work once you have identified and remediated the cause.

Hope this helps.