Login to MT4 every time; don't see my EAs

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
jjmayer77

Login to MT4 every time; don't see my EAs

Post by jjmayer77 »

New user here...
1) every time I launch MT4 from Tickstory, it requires me to choose a server and login to my MT4 account. (see pics)
select server
select server
login to MT4
login to MT4
I have checked that my MT$ settings in Tickstory are set up:
Tickstory MT4 settings
Tickstory MT4 settings
Is this normal?

2) once I do login to MT4, I do not see my EAs. Any ideas why? (If I launch MT4 directly, I do see my EAs)

tickstory

Re: Login to MT4 every time; don't see my EAs

Post by tickstory »

Hi JJmayer,

That isn't normal to have to reconnect each time. This could be related to your server setup.
For one, your configuration has the "/portable" option but if this were the case, your data folder should be the same as your installation folder.

Please check that you are always launching via Tickstory and if you want to use /portable mode, ensure your data folder matches your installation folder. If you would like to launch MT4 outside of Tickstory (eg. via the Start Menu), you will need to make sure your shortcut also applies the "/portable" command-line argument. If you dont do this, MT4 will create a new data folder in AppData. This is the likely cause of your settings and EAs going "missing".

You can double-check your actual Data Folder location (this is where your EAs will be located) by going to File->Open Data Folder in MT4.

Thanks.

jjmayer77

Re: Login to MT4 every time; don't see my EAs

Post by jjmayer77 »

thank you, removing the /portable command line argument solved both of my issues.