Kaspersky blocking install

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Newp

Kaspersky blocking install

Post by Newp »

I have just purchased Tickstory. When I try to download/install the file I have been emailed Kaspersky blocks the install and download of the file. I have tried temporarily disabling Kaspersky so I can run the exe. When I install the file and then turn Kaspersky back on the software is automatically removed.

How do I fix this?

tickstory

Re: Kaspersky blocking install

Post by tickstory »

Hi Newp,

Thanks for contacting us. Kaspersky unfortunately occasionally raise false-positives for our software. We have just requested that they white-list this latest version and it usually occurs within 24-48 hours but may vary.

In the mean-time, you can check if the software is genuine and not been tampered with by going to Windows Explorer->Properties->Digital Signatures and checking that the signature reads "OK". After that, it would be safe to temporarily create an exception in Kaspersky for Tickstory until their latest virus signatures come through.

Apologies for any inconvenience - we'll update this thread when it's resolved.

Thanks.

Newp

Post by Newp »

I've tried creating an exception and it still removes the file.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Newp,

Kaspersky have now resolved the issue. If you update your virus signatures, Kaspersky should no longer delete the file.

Thanks.