Download and export to MT4 not working

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
jwgevers

Download and export to MT4 not working

Post by jwgevers »

Hi,

Just bought tickstory yesterday and when i try to download or export data to MT4 it says:" server busy or unavailable:NameResolutionFailure -The remote name could not be resolved..."

help please

tickstory

Re: Download and export to MT4 not working

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

This error usually occurs when Tickstory cannot access the internet. Could you please go to File->Settings->Dukascopy in Tickstory and press the 'Test' button? If you do not get a 'Successful' message, it means Tickstory cannot access the internet. As such, please check that you have an internet connection and that there is no firewall/anti-virus that is blocking Tickstory from accessing the web.

Hope this helps.

jwgevers

Post by jwgevers »

It's telling me that the operation has timed out, so im guessing there is an issue with the connectivity. However the computer is connected to the internet and when i used it the first time in the free version it was still working. I haven't installed any firewalls in the meantime do you know where exactly I might find the problem regarding tickstory not gaining connectivity?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

FIrstly, please click on the following link on the PC you have Tickstory installed on:

http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5

If it succeeds in downloading a small file (called 12h_ticks.bi5), it means you can successfully access the data servers. It will also confirm that something on your PC is blocking Tickstory from accessing the internet.

In this case:

1) If you have an anti-virus application, please try temporarily disabling it to see if it resolves the issue.
2) Check in Windows Firewall (using this guide) to make sure Tickstory has access to your network. Sometimes when you install a new program, Windows prompt whether to allow/disallow network access for that application. It is possible that during this step you denied access and need to revert this in Windows Firewall.

Hope this helps resolve the issue.

jwgevers

Post by jwgevers »

Thank you,

I was not able to pause my antivirus program so i tried it on a different computer with the free version and it works there.

However, when i now export the data to MT4 and do the backtest (launching MT4 through Tickstory) it only gives me a 90% backtest quality.

How do i get that to 99%

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Jwgevers,

For the modelling quality issue, please check out our FAQ here that lists every possible reason for not getting 99% results.

If you continue to have issues after this, could you please post a few screenshots of the steps you are taking to export and we can assist further.

Thanks.