Suggestion for pause, restart, and stop actions

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
TradeBuilder

Suggestion for pause, restart, and stop actions

Post by TradeBuilder »

During an initial download of, for example, 28 forex pairs, a computer is going to be tied up for a very long time given the paltry max download speed of about 1.2Mbps. That means that if I need to interrupt the download process to reboot or do some other computer intensive action, I have to cancel all the downloads. Wouldn't it be better to have a button that allows me to pause all downloads or even stop all downloads? The pause would allow me to exit Tickstory and save the current download configuration. Then, upon restarting, I could be right back where I was and just press a "Restart" button.

I'm sorry, but this just seems so obvious and relatively simple to program yet so useful. Please consider it.

tickstory

Re: Suggestion for pause, restart, and stop actions

Post by tickstory »

Hi TraderBuilder,

If you are referring to the download of data from the web, then it will continue from where you left off. That is, it will only download data that is missing (including any gaps).

As for exporting, incremental updates is something we are working on which would back-fill data from the last downloaded entry in the exported file/database.

As for cancelling downloads, we can see how that might be useful, so thanks for this suggestion. At the moment it can be done by selecting all the tasks selecting cancel. We'll look at making this easier.

Hope this helps.