NameResolutionFailure Issue. Do i need to restart the download?

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
kasinath

NameResolutionFailure Issue. Do i need to restart the download?

Post by kasinath »

I started a large download for GBPJPY, and i came back to see some issues in the log. See below.

The download seems to still be in progress, but I wonder: will the data be complete? Whats the Tickstory logic for when the following occurs? does it skip some ticks? or retry again to get those ticks? Do i need to cancel and restart the download?

Thanks in advance.

Code: Select all

Time	Message	
19-06-2020 12:05	Server busy or unavailable: NameResolutionFailure - The remote name could not be resolved: 'datafeed.dukascopy.com' [20] (http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/GBPJPY/2016/11/01/15h_ticks.bi5)	

tickstory

Re: NameResolutionFailure Issue. Do i need to restart the download?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Kasinath,

It looks like there is a problem with your internet connection. Usually Tickstory will try to recover from transient errors, however this doesn't look like one of them. Please check your connectivity with the File->Settings->Dukascopy->Test button. If you receive any error message, you will need to resolve this before you can continue (eg. make sure you have an internet connection, no firewall/virus checker that is blocking the application, etc).

Once the issue is resolved, you should re-do your export.

Thanks.

kasinath

Re: NameResolutionFailure Issue. Do i need to restart the download?

Post by kasinath »

Roger that.

Thanks!