Missing Friday evening candles

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
gigisulivan

Missing Friday evening candles

Post by gigisulivan »

I am exporting tick data to MT4 on IC Markets live server (using New York Trading hours) and almost everything looks ok, apart from Friday evening data. Last M30 bar for example is 2130 (server time) while it should show last one as 2330, so I am missing 4 candles! I tried exporting with and without Include weekends option but made no difference.
Anybody else had that issue? how can this be resolved?

tickstory

Re: Missing Friday evening candles

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gigisulivan,

The "New York Trading Time" option is specifically designed to ensure trading finishes at 5PM EST on the Friday (see here). There is no other trading that occurs until Sunday, so there is no data to add after this time.

Maybe if you are looking to fill the gap you could play with the timezone settings such as making the Timezone "Moscow" and have the "Include weekends" box checked. This would obviously shift the entire series.

Hope this helps.

gigisulivan

Post by gigisulivan »

Sorry, but that is what I am trying to say, IC Markets uses Ney York session as close and open of the day, just their servers display 5pm New York as midnight 0:00, so when I am importing from tickstory with that timezone specified I am expecting Friday to have all bars up to 23:30 open bar on M30, just the same as it has for any other day Monday-Thursday (no gaps there). There is also no issue with first Monday bars displaying correctly, only the last few Friday bars missing.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Gigsulivan,

From IC Markets description of their timezone, what you are after is the "UTC +2 with European/London DST" which is at the top of the Tickstory time-zone selection box. Check "Include weekends" as well.

Thanks.

gigisulivan

Post by gigisulivan »

Omg, you are right, I knew their server is UTC+2, but what confused was their GMT+3 when US changes daylight savings, so thougt they follow New York DST. Thanks