Market is closed (10018)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
afgmarkets

Market is closed (10018)

Post by afgmarkets »

Hi people,

I'm having an issue only when I use Tickstory imported data. After few seconds of testing the MT5 journal tab start a loop with this log:

2020.06.01 11:49:43.083 Core 1 2010.11.14 23:50:00 Closing position/trade error: Market is closed (10018)

I´m using a +1 time shift. Do you know a solution for this?

Thank you very much.

tickstory

Re: Market is closed (10018)

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

This is a Metatrader error which I believe you will need to change your EA to accommodate (i.e. Check to see if market is open before making a trade).

Hope this helps.

afgmarkets

Post by afgmarkets »

Hello,

Yes, I know, but it only happens when using Tickstory data. I´ve tried to make the same backtest in the same period of time with both data (broker and Tickstory), I´ve also tried to download again the data without time shift, but it doesn't help...

Thank you.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hello,

The data exported from Tickstory only contains the tick/pricing data for the instrument and nothing else. This data alone would not have any affect on MT5's "Market closed" message.

Reading the MQL forums, perhaps the symbol you created/copied in MT5 when setting up your test symbol does not have any trading sessions? That, or the session is not trading for the day you are testing?

Thanks.

LukeRobbo

Post by LukeRobbo »

Hello,

I am having the same trouble now and have tried the same things.
The data stops the test EXACTLY on three months. I can then restart the period within three months and it finishes the test, anything longer and the EA stops. It seems to be again the same issue in that it is only happening like this with this tick data, what can be the solution?

Thanks