Wrong Number of ticks after Re-downloading new data

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
MohdX

Wrong Number of ticks after Re-downloading new data

Post by MohdX »

Hi ,

Backtest is not giving me right number of ticks anymore for EURUSD after re-downloading new data from tickstory database although I'm getting 99.90% modelling quality before and after.

In my initial test for period 01-01-2018 to 30-4-2020 I used to have this Bars in test 8597 /Ticks modelled 157,791,916.

After the re-downloading new data I got Bars in test 3822 /Ticks modelled 67,896,611.

I noticed there is a missing data in the later test between end of April to June 2018 I'm pretty sure there is more,anyhow I tried to download 2018 year alone with filter the duplicate as instructed in the FAQ but it didn't help.Please be informed I use exactly same settings-same set file when I run the backtest and I use tickstory standard 1.9.5.4 version

Thanks

tickstory

Re: Wrong Number of ticks after Re-downloading new data

Post by tickstory »

Hi MohdX,

It's hard to say what the cause is unless there are some specific steps to reproduce the issue (for example, was any date range specified in either test?)

From a data perspective, Tickstory does not re-download the tick data from the internet which means you will be using precisely the same data in both back-tests. The only variables therefore are any extra date ranges you may have exported and the settings of the MT4 back-test parameters you used.

Hope this helps.

MohdX

Post by MohdX »

Both tests were run on the same date range : 01-01-2018 to 30-4-2020 with the same parameters in both tests.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Mohdx,

If you have a series of the exact steps that demonstrates how we can reproduce the problem on our side, this would help us investigate further. As mentioned, Tickstory will not add or remove ticks when exporting the same data range.

Thanks.