MT4 not launching from Start menu or via TS

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
blott

MT4 not launching from Start menu or via TS

Post by blott »

HI,
After exporting EURJPY data via Tickstrike (the MT4 was shut down), I tried to restart the MT4 from the Start Menu, but although it loaded up there is no connection and it will not log in. My other MT4 works fine. Is Tickstrike preventing my MT4 from working?

Would welcome a solution please.

Mike

tickstory

Re: MT4 not launching from Start menu or via TS

Post by tickstory »

Hi Blott,

Tickstory does not affect/modify your MT4 installation so I would be trying in the first instance to reboot to try resolve your issue (check also for the existence of terminal.exe in your task-list). If this does not work, I would suggest reinstalling MT4.

Hope this helps.

blott

Post by blott »

Hi,
I just think it's more than coincidence that this only happened after I used Tickstory to upload data to my MT4, however, it seems to have 'cured' itself now, but I find I can't run a strategy test at all. I can see chart data going back to 1999, yet when I select 1st Jan 2012 - 1st Jan 2013 and press the Start button, all I hear is the completion squeak 1 second later and there is nothing on the screen, no graph, results, or green progress line.

How can I delete all historical data and start again?

Mike

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Blott,

If nothing is happening, just check your Journal/log tab to see if any error is being reported. As for deleting the history, you can just re-export the symbol and it will overwrite the existing data.

Hope this helps.

blott

Post by blott »

Hi,
Re my MT4 not starting. It seems to have recovered and starts ok now. However, when I select eurjpy (the pair I exported from Tickstory) and try to run a back test in strategy tester, all I get is the finish squeak about 1 second after I press the Start button. The green progress bar goes across the screen in a flash, but that's it. No processing, nothing.

I can see .hst files ranging from M1 with 21 MB up to Monthly with 808 bytes, and eight .fxt files all with 814 MB. Does this sound ok to you? If so, any idea why it will not run a eurjpy backtest? Other pairs I didn't download and export via Tickstory test run ok. I must have done something wrong.

Thanks,

Mike

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Blott,

Have you checked your Journal tab to see what error if being generated? Have you ensured you have launched your Metatrader via the Tickstory 'Launch' feature?

Thanks.

blott

Post by blott »

HI,
Does that mean I have to go through the process of downloading data again from Dukascopy?

Mike

blott

Post by blott »

I am not happy at all with Tickstory. Twice now I have tried to load my MT4 with it, but it has done something to the chart windows formatting now. I had 8 charts open, but after using TS to upload some Dukascopy data to it, then using TS to load the MT4, it has lost all charts except one, and when I load another chart up and select Windows/tile horizontally, the MT4 disappears to be replaced by my browser window!

I also get a warning message before I use TS to start MT4 that this action could cause damage to my MT4. Brilliant! The attached further warning I get when the first warning window is shut.

I will not be using this software again.

Mike
Attachments
2013-07-16_21-06_Mt4 Launch Issue.jpg

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Blott,

The issues you are having are not due to Tickstory so I am sorry we are unable to assist.
The launcher only does 2 things:

1) Run the terminal.exe in the Metatrader directory and
2) Prevents the over-writing of FXT files during the back-test.

The launcher error you mentioned in your post has been discussed here: http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=204 and is because you need to have a supported MT4 Build or be a 'Friend of Tickstory' to extend capabilities.
If you are having issues relating to charts, formatting or any other MT4 function, I suggest you consult the MT4 manual.

Thanks.