ERROR Message: TestGenerator:symbol GBPCHF period

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
borntosail99

ERROR Message: TestGenerator:symbol GBPCHF period

Post by borntosail99 »

When I export data to MT4 from my tickstory account, I get the following error in the journal when i attempt to use the data, "TestGenerator:symbol GBPCHF period model 0 from 2015 01 01 to 2019 01 02".
I am concerned that the quality of the data is not good. Is there any time limitations on using the tickstory data after I exported to MT4? It has been approximately 3 months since I exported it. Does this message impact the quality of the data?

I am grateful for your assistance.

tickstory

Re: ERROR Message: TestGenerator:symbol GBPCHF period

Post by tickstory »

Hi Borntosail99,

The message you mention is not an error message. Could you please confirm that you have 99.9% modelling quality on your report? If so, it means that you have performed all the export steps correctly (as outlined in our FAQ, here: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality).

There is a limitation on the maximum data that Metatrader 4 can handle, however not all users come across problems. Usually if you deselect the "Use dates" field in the back-tester, it will test the entire exported period. If you come across problems, you will need to reduce the size of your exported range (to say 1-2 years).

Thanks.

borntosail99

Post by borntosail99 »

I do not have 99% quality. I have not gotten 99% for some time now. The Progress bar is bright green and there are no mismatched errors.
I do not know why I am not getting 99% any longer. can you elaborate please

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Borntosail99,

In order to assist you can you please provide as much detail of the problem including:

- Have you gone through the 99% trouble-shooting steps described in our FAQ: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... ng_quality? In particular, have you pressed the 'Launch' button in Tickstory?
- If the above FAQ is not helping, could you please send a screenshot of what you're seeing, including:

1) The Tickstory "Export to MT4" settings you are using (including the "MT4 Settings" tab)
2) The MT4 Strategy Tester window (which shows the symbol name)
3) Your "MT4 Data Folder" FXT contents (go to File->Open data folder in Metatrader and then browse to tester/history and take a screenshot).
4) The result you are getting in the Strategy Tester.
5) The Strategy Tester "Journal" tab after you have completed a back-test.

Thanks.

borntosail99

Post by borntosail99 »

Thanks for the reply
I have reviewed the link you sent. there are no solutions there. Please see attached screen shots

I am limited to 3 attachments. Look for follow up message with additional screenshots
Attachments
tickstory3.png
tickstory2.png
tickstory1.png

borntosail99

Post by borntosail99 »

Please see additional 2 screenshots. Please elaborate on the solution.

thank you
Attachments
tickstory5.png
tickstory4.png

borntosail99

Post by borntosail99 »

Please note, the original post was regarding GBPCHF. I posted here issues I am having with the UK100.

borntosail99

Post by borntosail99 »

Please see screenshot of the message I receive when I try to launch mt4 platform with F8 or through tools. Note. I am using Version 1.9.2.5 (S)
Attachments
tickstory6.png