Questions re: v1.8

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
TradeUniverse

Questions re: v1.8

Post by TradeUniverse »

I purchased my licence some time ago, have not used the software, since this time I think the licence pay plan for different versions were introduced, along with optional subscription. I am looking to do what was originally described and expected by software and need to know if I can now still do this with my current licence for version 1.8.9.5 or whether I am required to purchase a new upgrade to do this.

The troubleshoot guide is not as complete as I would like and the step by step tutorial does not show whether export/Metatrader tab and whether any changes here are necessary for a basic 99.9% model quality backtest. I don't think it is necessary. If I was to pay for monthly subscription I would probably get more support with this, I understand. Like what is "margin ccy" ???

I am experiencing some problems that is taking more time than I had expected. I have read that the model quality will be displayed as n/a if it is the "free version" or "lite" version. I am confused with some things and need help with this. Why do I have n/a displayed for my model quality with a backtest with my licenced v 1.8.9.5 copy? Is this not like the free version provided when unpaid copy is used? I need to know how and if this software works if I am to continue future use. This is important to me so I can know if it is worth me paying for this.

There is another bug or problem:
Time Message
28-04-2019 18:51 Error occurred during download: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. (URL: http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5)

Do I have to pay for an upgrade to fix this in order to get my 99% model quality? Can 99% model quality still be achieved by testing outside of this date range? I tried but still get n/a for my model quality with "every tick" most precise back test in MT4 selected.

Thank you.

Appreciate help with this.

tickstory

Re: Questions re: v1.8

Post by tickstory »

Hi TradeUniverse,

Thanks for your query. Yes, unfortunately a few things have changed since purchasing your license some time back. The most notable is that Metatrader has been upgraded (hence your n/a modelling quality issue) and Dukascopy also have made some changes on their servers (causing the 503 error intermittently). You can (mostly) work around both these issues on your current version, however given that you are a beginner user, we highly recommend using with the latest version of Tickstory. We had to offer updates as part as a subscription due to the considerable effort that goes into the on-going development and support of the software. This way, when using the most current version, we can guarantee that you will be getting 99% modelling quality.

All that said, we are committed to ensuring you get the best out of the software, so please expect an email from us shortly about how we can help you out further.

Thanks.