Export of MT4 Symbol Properties

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
tickstory

Re: Export of MT4 Symbol Properties

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trader2384,

If you are having issues with a specific EA it is hard for us to troubleshoot what it is doing. From a Tickstory point-of-view, as long as you are getting a "99%" quality back test, it indicates you are using tick data correctly. After that, it is a matter of trouble-shooting why the EA is closing a trade early or what-ever you believe is the incorrect behaviour. You will need to check things like whether you have sufficient equity, etc.

Hope this helps.

ejcmartins

Post by ejcmartins »

Hi, as a user(Trader2384) told you before, there is a problem on the conversion of XAUUSD to GOLD. The problem was found when the EA didn't work at all, the same case as this trader, then it was solved using "MAP TO" changing the name to another pair name that is already used.

For example: I was exporting XAUUSD using "MAP TO" changing the name to GOLD to test the EA, It just starts and closes almost at the same time, but when i changed the "MAP TO" to GBPUSD it worked, the "new" GBPUSD was actually with the GOLD data and EA kept working normally as it was working before on others pairs.

This error was fixed by my son Rafael Clain Martins,he is a programmer like me.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Ejcmartins,

Could you please do a comparison between your "MT4 Symbol" info between XAUUSD and GBPUSD. It is possible that the instrument information for XAUUSD is not configured fully which could be causing the issue (for eg. the Lot Step setting could be zero causing an issue).

Regards.

zanzistor

Post by zanzistor »

Last edited by zanzistor on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi - If it is working with the settings from GBPUSD, then the first step would be to copy all those settings and use them when exporting XAUUSD. If the back-test looks betterm then fine tune the individual settings (Lot step, etc) from there so they correspond with your broker's settings.

Hope this helps.