Too big FXT?

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
johntiror

Too big FXT?

Post by johntiror »

Hi, first of all thanks for this amazing sw! You're awesome!

I'm using MT4 build 432 (downloaded from tickstory) and everything is fine when I'm doing test on small amount of data (I'm launching it throught tickstory). When I download all the history from 2007 to 2013 the FXT files are more than 8Gb and when I try to backtest I receive an error "no data for testing". Is it because the fxt can't be more than 2Gb?

Thanks!!

tickstory

Re: Too big FXT?

Post by tickstory »

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback.
With regard to your 8GB FXT file, yes, there is a MT4 limitation you will come across that only allows you to back-test the first 2gb. Some of the options you have are discussed in this topic:

http://www.tickstory.com/forum/viewtopi ... c2d87#p494

Regarding your error, just make sure you are able to test a small period first (say 1 month) and go from there. There are a couple of discussions about the "no data for testing" error on the forum that might help you resolve if you are still having this problem.

Kind regards.

johntiror

Post by johntiror »

Thanks for your reply! Like I told you everything is fine when the fxt are less than 2Gb. Actually I didn't have any errors when I tried with a 3.5Gb fxt, but I tried only on one day.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi John,

Yes, typically what occurs is that MT4 back-tester silently stops when it can't process any more data. Perhaps the "very" large files yield the "no data" error.

Regards.

johntiror

Post by johntiror »

do you know a way to go over the 2Gb limitation?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi John - please follow the link in the post above. This discussion topic lists possible workarounds to the limitation.

Thanks.

johntiror

Post by johntiror »

I just tested and with build 509 the fxt limit seems to be 4Gb

HarriFX

Post by HarriFX »

madk

Post by madk »

I don't understand why TickStory dosen't support >2GB FXT
I guess it is just a few lines of codes,Please try to fix it.
If you can't make it work on all the editions,just make it working on Build 432,It's fine.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Madk,

The above posts appear to have confirmed that >2gb does now work (due to updates in MT4). Have you tried it out?

Thanks.