Higher Time Frames (5m,15m,..) are not generated from 1M

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Trender

Higher Time Frames (5m,15m,..) are not generated from 1M

Post by Trender »

Hi,
I am using 1.9.2.7 version, recently bought. It works on MT4 BUild 1170.
Usually I download data for 1M time frame only and when doing backtests all higher time frames are constructed automatically, for example iClose(NULL,5,0) gives a correct price.
But now only 1M time frame is working, in particular iClose(NULL,5,0) gives "0" and same happens for all other higher frames 15m, 30m etc.
It seems, during Backtest, Tickstory (or MT4) can not produce any more time frames >1M from only 1M data file downloaded. Please assist in this problem.

tickstory

Re: Higher Time Frames (5m,15m,..) are not generated from 1M

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trender,

We've tested the statement iClose(NULL, 5, 0) in the Strategy Tester and it works under all time-frames. You might need to provide some extra details of how we can reproduce this problem. Before you do this, please check that:

- Ensure that your MT4 terminal is disconnected from your broker. This is to prevent any overwriting of data from your broker.
- Re-export data from Tickstory, ensuring that the "Generate HST files" option is checked (this is the default). After that, you can double-check that the HST files exist by going to File->Open Data Folder in MT4 and then browsing to history/<servername> and ensuring that all the .HST files exist for every time-frame.

Thanks.

Trender

Post by Trender »

Hi Tickstory ! You solved my problem. I tried your suggestions and it worked. Thank you so much for your great help and reactivity.

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Great to hear, Trender! You're welcome.