Launch Issue

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
marvis

Launch Issue

Post by marvis »

Lately I installed Tickstory 1.9.2.7 Standard and MetaTrader 4 Build 1170 (Windows Server 2016) from scratch. The data export worked perfectly without errors. (I compared it to working versions of both programs, which I installed on a second server.) After starting MT4 via Tickstory I get a "Launch Issue" message (On the second server I had the same problem earlier, but without changing anything it eventually disappeared.) Even after reboot of the computer I can't get rid of the error message. (The amount of historical data consists of 2004 to 2018.)

1. How to solve the launch issue? (Besides that, every time I open the license key window, I see an empty field. When I type in the key - the next time the field is always empty. Is that intended?)

2. At the moment I launch MT 4 directly, not via Tickstory due to the launch issue, and optmimized settings from the second server deliver identical results on the new server. The only limitation I can see is the absence of 99.9% accuracy which I can see on the second server after testing. Are there any other limitations when I run an optimization this way without tickstory?

3. I have another strange behavior when it comes to optimization: When I start it from 2010 to let's say 2016, I get the 1st pass with a valid result, all other passes deliver 0.00. When I start the optimization from 2004 on, everything works fine. I tried different EAs and all show that behavior. Is that a bug?

Thank you in advance,
marvis

tickstory

Re: Launch Issue

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marvis,

Thanks for your query. In order for us to assist you with the answers to your questions, could you please provide the email address you used when registering Tickstory? We could not find anything under the email address you registered with.
(No personal details will be shown publicly).

Thanks.

marvis

Post by marvis »

Oh, my bad. I used a different address for board registration. I've just changed the email address in the account settings ...

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Marvis,

Thanks for the details. FYI, we managed to find your most recent license under a different email address (d*@gmx.com), so you may want to update your details accordingly (or we can do this for you).

Regarding your questions:

1. How to solve the launch issue? (Besides that, every time I open the license key window, I see an empty field. When I type in the key - the next time the field is always empty. Is that intended?)

All the known issues for launcher errors are listed on our FAQ here: https://tickstory.com/help/tickstorylit ... cher_error.
Regarding the license key box, that is correct, once you have successfully activated your license you no longer see it in the license box however you can check your license status in Help->About.

2. At the moment I launch MT 4 directly, not via Tickstory due to the launch issue, and optmimized settings from the second server deliver identical results on the new server. The only limitation I can see is the absence of 99.9% accuracy which I can see on the second server after testing. Are there any other limitations when I run an optimization this way without tickstory?

We always recommend that you launch via Tickstory and get 99% modelling quality otherwise there is potential for something to be wrong. Later versions of the launcher that we will be releasing (eg. variable spread) will mean this is even more important.

3. I have another strange behavior when it comes to optimization: When I start it from 2010 to let's say 2016, I get the 1st pass with a valid result, all other passes deliver 0.00. When I start the optimization from 2004 on, everything works fine. I tried different EAs and all show that behavior. Is that a bug?

It could be that you're coming across an MT4 limitation where it has problems processing data (FXT) files greater than 4GB. You might want to try reducing your data export accordingly (to say 1-2 years) and see if there is a problem. Another thing you might want to try before then is trying to clear your tester cache (as described here: https://tickstory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1636).

Hope this helps.

marvis

Post by marvis »

Thanks for your help. I'll try reducing the data amount. Deleting the strategy tester's cache ist a good advice too.