Wrong Tickdata sometimes?

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
imbissbronko

Wrong Tickdata sometimes?

Post by imbissbronko »

Hello,

when i download with tickstory tickdata from dukascopy than i have sometimes so much Gaps in the complete history. E.g i download from 2010-2019 than i get so much Gaps that history is for trash. When i download only from 2018-2019 than i get good data. When i look at the data from 2010-2019 and only look the last year than its full of gaps. Why is it so?

I download 10 pairs simultaneously and i think that will be the problem. But the new Tickstory Logbook doesnt show any errors. But for me there are errors. Why did it can be?

Now i try only one pair to download. But i thought the new version have more power for that.

tickstory

Re: Wrong Tickdata sometimes?

Post by tickstory »

Hi Imbissbronko,

If you are getting errors, please make sure you are using the latest version of Tickstory. You can find out the changes since your current version here:

https://tickstory.com/articles/tickstor ... -released/

We did have to make a number of changes to handle the recent changes on the Dukascopy servers. Due to their throttling, we have had to modify and optimize our download process. Alternatively, you can minimize the number of pairs you download and once they are downloaded, you will no longer have any issues with these errors for that given period.

Hope this helps.

imbissbronko

Post by imbissbronko »

But how did tickstory handle that. When i say overwrite existing files than tickstory download all new? When i dont say overwrite existing files than tickstoryy will add only the timei downloaded new?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

To clarify, there are 2 "operations" that occur when you export data. The first is to download the tick data from Dukascopy, the second is to export this data to your chosen format (eg. Metatrader). In the first step, if you are getting errors, this means Tickstory is having issues retrieving the data from Dukascopy (this should not occur if you are using the latest version, however). If you have downloaded the data with no errors, then this means that the downloaded data for that period will now exist on your disk and will not need to be downloaded again.

In the case of exporting to Metatrader, you will always need to export the entire period you wish to back-test with. At the moment, Tickstory does not support incremental exports.

Thanks.