Downloading too much slow

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
trader55

Downloading too much slow

Post by trader55 »

I think where is a bug, with my standard version it takes 10/15 mn to download one year of one pair.
So one hour for downloading 4 yeas for on pair.

Is it normal ? Does Dukaccopy server have identified that I am using a paid standard licence ?

What about downloading time of free release (4x more slower ? 10x ?)

Best regards

tickstory

Re: Downloading too much slow

Post by tickstory »

Hi Trader55,

The software will attempt to download within any limitations set by Dukascopy. We are not affiliated with Dukascopy.
Once the download has been completed, there will be a notable increase in processing speed on the same spec'd machine between Lite (Slow), Standard (Fast) and Professional (Fastest). The actual completion times will ultimately be determined by your CPU speed.

Thanks.

trader55

Post by trader55 »

Processing time < 5% and downloading speed for one pair : 1-2 secondes per days. So the performance limitation is not coming from my CPU (8 cores).

I do not know why DukasCopy limits TickStory users maybe new agreements between ticstory & Dukas since 2 months ?

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi,

If you are referring to the download of data from the servers, then yes, there have been recent changes with Dukascopy servers in the last 2 months which limit downloads.

Thanks.