Download Error

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
Joey73

Download Error

Post by Joey73 »

Hi tickstory today i tried to download new tickdata for more instrument (one at time) but it returned always the same error and i did'nt have this problem last week;"time out "error and "device not ready error"; i send you a screen shot
Attachments
Download error.png

tickstory

Re: Download Error

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joey,

Could you please confirm the Tickstory version you are currently using in Help->About?

Thanks.

Joey73

Post by Joey73 »

1.9.1.0 purchased on 25 August 2018 ... but it worked well till last week
Attachments
Tickstory version.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joey73,

Could you please download the latest v1.9.2.1 which is the last update you are entitled to on your chosen subscription plan. This should resolve the additional errors.
Just a reminder that we highly recommend maintaining an active subscription while you are actively using the software. While historically the software has worked seamlessly for many years, we can't plan for any changes to third-party systems and in these cases, we need to issue updates accordingly to maintain compatibility (not mentioning inevitable bug fixes/new features).

Thanks.

Joey73

Post by Joey73 »

But i purchased it in August not years ago! it worked well till last week and i didn't make any updates ! where can i try to download 1.9.2 version? on the site i can download only 1.9.1

Joey73

Post by Joey73 »

Ok i downloaded and installed Tickstory v 1.9.2.1 from my original download link but the issue is still there (screenshot attached)
Attachments
Tickstory 1.9.2.1 - Device Not Ready - Timout error.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joey,

Just translating the message, it seems to say "Device not ready" which doesn't seem to be an error with the data servers.
Could you please try going to File->Settings and 'Testing' your Dukascopy connection? Does it give any error?

Thanks.

Joey73

Post by Joey73 »

Exactly! the translaction is correct ... Dukascopy connection is Succesful (I attach a screenshot) ...
Attachments
Dukascopy Connection SUCCESSFUL.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Joey,

If this is the case, it seems to indicate a disk error or something related? In your File->Settings you seem to have specified an external drive G:. Are you sure this drive and specified folders is accessible by Tickstory?

Thanks.

Joey73

Post by Joey73 »

Sure ... all my MT4s and Tickstory database are on an external drive in portable mode ... i can launch them correctly via Tickstory launcher without any problem ... i also tried to uninstall tickstory and reinstall it .