tickdata download from dukascopy fails (Server Error 503)

Report any bugs with the Tickstory Lite software here. Please give as much detail as possible so the issue can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
pieran

tickdata download from dukascopy fails (Server Error 503)

Post by pieran »

Hi,

I bought Tickstory a few days aga and it worked absoutely fine. But today I am not able to download tickdata from dukascopy anymore. The error message is:
"13-10-2018 14:41 Fehler trat während Download auf: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (503) Server nicht verfügbar. (URL: http://datafeed.dukascopy.com/datafeed/ ... _ticks.bi5) "

Server not available. Is this a problem with my machine or do other users have this issue, too?

Kind Regards,
André.

tickstory

Re: tickdata download from dukascopy fails

Post by tickstory »

Hi Andre,

We've just tested the link and it's working fine at the moment. It's likely that Dukascopy are currently performing some weekend maintenance and services will be restored by Monday (if not earlier).

Thanks.

pieran

Re: tickdata download from dukascopy fails (Server Error 503

Post by pieran »

Thank you very much for the response!

I hope this is a temporary problem due to Dukascopy Maintenance. But the strange thing is, that at the beginning of the download it works fine. But after downloading around 3 months the error messages begin.
Maybe does it mean that this is some kind of flood protection by Dukascopy?

By the Way, I have downloaded data for EURUSD successfully for a period of 10 years last week. Is it possible to export data to MT4 based on the data stored in the Tickstory folder? I did not find anything in the manual about this.

Kind Regards,
André.

alexpixtrader

Re: tickdata download from dukascopy fails (Server Error 303

Post by alexpixtrader »

Si anch'io non riesco a scaricare errore 503 Server

Ghero12

Re: tickdata download from dukascopy fails (Server Error 303

Post by Ghero12 »

I've got the same problem with almost all pairs
Attachments
this is EURAUD for example. Tried to download last week period
this is EURAUD for example. Tried to download last week period

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi Andre, alexpixtrader and Ghero12 ,

It's quite possible that if your 'Test' connection works (in File->Settings->Dukacopy->Test connection) that you are being throttled. You can try limiting the number of symbols you are downloading at once and see if that resolves the error. We have an item on our todo to put downloads on a queue and this will alleviate any attempts to download too much at one time.

Hope this helps.

pieran

Post by pieran »

Hi,

no, that does not resolve the error, I was downloading only one symbol all the time, but it does not work. After around 2 months of downloaded data, the errors begin.
Is there a way to export the already downloaded data to mt4 without downloading it again?

Kind Regards,
André.

LorraineP

Post by LorraineP »

I am having the same issue. So at least it's not just you!
Hopefully it is just a glitch and all will be well soon.
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 6.12.53 PM.png

tickstory

Post by tickstory »

Hi all,

v1.9.1 has just been released and should be available to you via your download link (assuming you have subscribed for updates). This hopefully should resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Fran_

Post by Fran_ »

Hello,
to be sure, if I have understood well, someone can buy your product but without subscription it will break the product at anytime